Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
    One more week till my car gets fix!

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Hmmm, so do people think the Thai workers are as diligent as Japanese workers when it comes to attention to detail? These faults rectified are employee error. I would prefer a Jap Honda over a Thai Honda - don't care what people say about quality control - Japanese tend to take more pride in what they do. And I have no problem with Thai people - I have spent 6 months there in my life and it is a lovely place - but there is a clear difference in my view when it comes to competency.
    Last edited by yfin; 23-06-2007 at 01:46 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro
    I dunno about the quality control issues. my friend's Toyota Corolla back home came from Japan, and the engine died on him immediately after driving out of the showroom. apparently there was some fuel pump failure that resulted in fuel contamination...

as for Thai made cars, haven't heard any problems from the people with thai made Corollas back home. *shrugs*

I suppose every car, regardless of where it's built, has its lemons. a friend's R32 *they're made in Germany....not SA* had the case of the rattles as well. so. I suppose it's not just restricted to made in Thailand cars?

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by terryansimon View Post
    I dunno about the quality control issues. my friend's Toyota Corolla back home came from Japan, and the engine died on him immediately after driving out of the showroom. apparently there was some fuel pump failure that resulted in fuel contamination...

as for Thai made cars, haven't heard any problems from the people with thai made Corollas back home. *shrugs*

I suppose every car, regardless of where it's built, has its lemons. a friend's R32 *they're made in Germany....not SA* had the case of the rattles as well. so. I suppose it's not just restricted to made in Thailand cars?
    That is true - plenty of Jap cars have rattles - take the Euro for example. But that is more a function of design rather than employee error. The cases that were rectified in this case as the thread starter has said were problems that arose as to how the car was put together.

Thailand is still very much behind Japan when it comes to standard of living and education. The culture is also vastly different to Japan.

Whether or not my point is valid or not is up for debate. I have seen the "near enough is good enough" attitude myself when I have been in Thailand. I am inclined to think that Japanese people are more prepared to "follow rules" and make sure things are done properly. That is just my opinion - I am sure many people believe that a Honda is a Honda wherever you go but I have my doubts about that.
    Last edited by yfin; 23-06-2007 at 02:03 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    id rather not say
    man i work in the auto body refinishing industry and it is ppl like you who make my life and every one else in the industry's life a living hell. if it were a huge prob shore pis5 and moan about it but there all small sh!t. have a glass of cement and harden the Fcuk up

Quote Originally Posted by chylld View Post
    FINAL UPDATE!

ok i got my car back from scott's earlier this week... and i'm very happy to say that all the problems are now fixed.

here's what was tackled at this last service:

wind noise (at 70+kph) - both front waist moulds (the seal at the bottom of the windows on the outside) were found to be faulty; new moulds were ordered and fitted, tested at 100kmh this morning and the wind noise is gone.

rattling front passenger seat - after 2 separate attempts to dismantle and repair the seat, they found that the whole seat frame (base and back) was faulty, a new one was ordered in, rattles gone.

rattling from passenger-side front airbag - this is the interesting one. turns out that i had good reason to be concerned about this rattle: The airbag was not properly installed at the factory. the technical word written on my warranty report is "misaligned," but the service manager explained to me that the physical installation of the airbag is a 2-step process, the first step of which wasn't done properly.

general creaking/rubbing noise from dash - honda finally heard this one, they insulated the dash pieces with foam/felt insulation and this noise is gone too.

door sill trim ill-fitting - another case of it not being fitted correctly at the factory; apparently this one was easily fixed.

so all in all i'm happy that i chased these things up, especially the engine one, the airbag one and the seat one. the car is much more enjoyable to drive now and i can finally start thinking about upgrading the audio
    Did they offer you anything in return? Like next free service or half price or whatever? I would have demanded something for wasting your time. When i went back to get my interior trim reinstalled due to a misalignment and the 3m tape didnt hold it down, they gave me a car to thrash around all day

Member Array
    Car:
    2008 Hyundai i30 CRDi
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimian View Post
    Did they offer you anything in return? Like next free service or half price or whatever? I would have demanded something for wasting your time. When i went back to get my interior trim reinstalled due to a misalignment and the 3m tape didnt hold it down, they gave me a car to thrash around all day
    nah didn't get anything in return. that thought never crossed my mind actually... was just happy to have the car back

Wow! Sure sounds like you got a late Friday afternoon Christmas Eve long weekend model!

Glad it all got sorted in the end though, but still it's the stress and inconvenience along the way from a new car which just isn't worth it sometimes.

If it makes you feel any better, a workmate of mine bought a brand new Holden Monaro CV8Z and one year later with 18,000km on it, he sold it. During that time, he's been thru two gearboxes, two clutches, a sunroof motor replacement, and misaligned rear exhausts. All under warranty of course, but he just got jack of it.

hey dude

jst want to say that you've done a great job in pursuing wat's right and have given guys who have similar problems as you hope. my 06civic sport has the same rattle as you in the dash plus around 5 or 6 other problems which have been fixed. thanks man

"Latest Civic scores below average reliability rating of only 82 percent compared with an overall average for new cars of 88 percent" in "Which? Car" reliability study.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/motori...32251420070703

Member Array
    Car:
    GE8
    that is UK, which has FN chassis. We have FD chassis.