Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TegCrazy View Post
    Mugsee i think you have your facts incorrect. My brother just had his DC5r tuned at Toda Racing in Sydney, he purchased toda headers and hondata. There is no $200 install fee, also this is from the hondatech website, which confirms there is no install fee."Please contact your local Authorized Hondatech Australia tuning workshop for installation and tuning costs. In most cases installation of K100, K Pro and plug and play Hondata ECU's are free when products are installed & tuned by an authorized dealer Australia wide."On a side note I would like to congratulate Adrian from Toda racing my brothers car is crazy now, job well done, if you want to make your dc5r go fast, go see Adrian.
    There is no fee if you have it tuned by an authorised Hondata reseller, however if you just want to have your ECU chipped by Hondata (so that you can play around wtih the Kpro unit yourself) and sent back to you, Hondata Australia have quoted (I emailed them just under a month ago) that they charge a $200 installation fee.

Your brothers car is not in the same category as above because he had his car tuned by a dealer.

Great to hear you guys are rapped by Adrian's tuning - a lot of good stuff comes from Toda's way.

The installation fee will be there regardless of whether tuning is involved or not.

Toda Racing has included the installation fee inside the quoted $1850.
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43870

Toda has advertised the price for KPRO
    Quote Originally Posted by TODA AU
    K-Pro From $1850 (Fitted & dyno tuned)
    Let's break it the price of $1850 down;

The Hondata KPRO module from Hondatech is $1100
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondatech Website
    Hondata k-Pro DC5r - Only for compatible L66Q592 processor ECU’s
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondatech Website
    $1100.00 (New Price as of 1st of March 2007)
    http://www.hondatech.com.au/forum/showthread.php?p=3072#post3072

Standard Dyno Tuning from TODA Racing $650
    Quote Originally Posted by TODA AU
    Fitting & dyno tuning is an extra $650 in both cases

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43870

Total $1750

It does not make sense? Why has TODA AU quoted $1850? There is a difference of $100. That's the installation cost.

The installation cost is for the install of Hondata KPRO module into the stock ECU. ie Soldering a jumper onto the ECU board, Dremel the ECU case to accept a USB connector.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    For everyones inforomation

I got a rm01a Installed today with Buddy Club Headers.

AND DANg! i love it

You've already got your tax return money back? Wow, thats really quick!

Nice stuff! Did you get a cat mod done to the headers? Post up a review on the combo after you get more of a chance to drive the car around and tell us how it feels.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Hahahah! YEH mugsee! im all smiles! like serzly ALL SMILES! slept smiling BWAHHAHA

nah prusso i got it installed a livo exhaust, and yeh had to cut the headers coz they designed for not cat, they cut that and put a metal cat and a flange.

took about 2 hours ! they had troubles with the stock header (dont think they do much hondas)

regarding review ill be doing it maybe tonight with some pics! IE like the gruppem i took

BTW! it aint loud! only when it hits vtec! .. VERY HAPPY! dont want a loud exhaust as a daily car

Member Array
    Car:
    94 accord H22a
    Sounds good bro. Glad to hear it worked out well.
    Ruck Fules!

Official Chaingang Soldier

Vincent, Adrian warned me about you, trying to sell Hondata and your not even qualified in anything to do with EFI tuning, let alone an official dealer or business, how can you offer support, And your prices are way more expensive than anywhere, and you have a 6 week waiting order, $2000 and you don't even get it professional tuned I smell a rip off!! Anyway don't you need to be a ozhonda trader to sell things on here ? sounds very dodgy. Buyer be ware stay away from back door none official people trying to make a quick buck, go see a professional tuner such as Adrian from Toda Racing. As for Adrian's tuning prices he can change what ever he thinks is necessary for tuning, he told us any car that uses kpro is much more complex to tune, either way professional tuning vs back yard tuning, you can't compare.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    thanks luke for actually pm about it! hahahaha! but yeh i can serzxly feel a difference!

Member Array
    Car:
    94 accord H22a
    Cool mate. Got any dyno numbers?
    Ruck Fules!

Official Chaingang Soldier

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    hahaha not yet! but i will! gna go look for a place! kinda spent all my cash! hahaha

spent 2.6 K all up

EP3 Sway Bar,
    BC headers,
    rm01a Cat back
    Some High flow Cat from livo exhaust
    and Installation.

Livo exhaust was suprised about the sound it lets out! they wanted to test drive it!

Give me about 2 weeks ill get it dynoed anyone know how much stock dc5R has ?

Well let me just start by saying that Adrian FTW, I wish I could have tuning capabilities and mechanical skills just as great as his in which my engine will be as in a excellent condition as the built dc5 engines that I have seen in Brisbane which are very fast and maintenance free

Let’s just hope that when your brother’s engine is opened up that you can see what I mean and that we can both share the same experience

Just to be friendly, the maintenance free bit costs quite a bit in the end

I never once mentioned that I was qualified in tuning and don’t sell it as a service but what makes a person ‘professional’. I’m just here to share my information that I have acquired over the years. Do I need a shop front to be professional? Because I might as well utilise my nursing background, crash a shop and call myself an official dealer or business if that’s what it takes for me to gain ‘professionalism’ status. I don’t have a good memory but please direct me to where I have listed that I am qualified in tuning.

If you think my prices are too expensive, then basically don’t bother reading my threads because the Kpro I’m selling is not for those like you who wish to cheap things out in the short term, I tend to be a long-term thinker and consider those who may end up selling their car just to make a bit of money back because we know how expensive modifications can be.

If Adrian can charge whatever he thinks is necessary for tuning – why are you deciding that I can’t charge the prices that I use to sell my used Kpro for? If Kpro is so complex, why don’t you go complain to the homeland of Hondata and tell the two thousand or so of people that tune their own cars in the US that what they are doing is completely wrong and that they must all seek professional tuners. Oh wait – tell that to Doug MacMillan – if you don’t know who he is, feel free to google him

If tuning of Kpro is much more complex – how did Adrian start in the first place? Did he go to the US to learn and attend any of the Hondata seminars that were held in L.A? May as well bring his Hondata Kpro certificate and mechanical engineering degree to the table if you want to keep arguing about this. If you can show me this, then I’ll agree with you that Adrian is qualified to be one of the many ‘professionals’ around.

*Disclaimer* Just to let you know, I do not have both of the above, therefore don’t ask me for tuning advice. However, being a google and search button savvy myself, I can point to some links that I have archived over the years.

http://forums.clubitr.com.au/showpos...8&postcount=11

Feel free to use these links to your favour in determining whether Adrian has tuned your brother’s car professionally. Oh snap, your brother’s map is locked and you can’t do anything with it
    Last edited by vincent; 08-07-2007 at 09:03 PM.