Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    man 97-01 are prettu much same engines same trim and same everything
    there was cars that come with leather trim and yeah but other than that diff between lets say 97 and 01 is 4 kw and this is what pple say so who knows

just get one that suits ur budget and low km whether it be 97 or right thru to 01

trips are not a problem unless you thrash it like any auto car , theres many many pple with trips and none had problem with theirs, the bad tranny is a myth and only happened in us not here

happy hunting

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude/Odyssey
    Quote Originally Posted by Brash22 View Post
    I'll admit I was in teh same boat before I bought mine. I'd always loved the styling of them, but was it worth that much, I mean a late model turbo nissan is the same sort of money for a lot more straight line performance. Even the early Type R Integras are the same sort of money these days.

After driving one I just had to have it. As Hooman said, the perfect balance of performance and luxury. Sure, it's not as fast as a turbo nissan, but nissan owners know nothing of a nice car.
    this is true, and after owning a turbo nissan, they are the cars that arent worth the money, not the ludes.
    sure their cars make vvrrrrrr-CH noise and whistle after 3K, but they get boring.

ive owned 2 preludes and i absolutely love them! Quality, interior and styling are excellent!
    compared to my mates newer EK Civic and even my mum's 2001 Vti hatch civic, the quality just doesnt feel the same.

what does this have to do with the price of fish you ask?

the prelude is a luxury car, so it'll be higher quality than an entry level honda. it will be comfy, they have lots of standard features like sunroof and ABS and Airbag.
    Last edited by phily; 09-07-2007 at 04:48 AM.
    Indicating when no one is around is like talking to yourself

I dunno where the u came from, probably the "U" key on the keyboard but im skeptical

Member Array
    Car:
    11/91 EG
    What should i be looking at paying for a 97 vtir?

Member Array
    Car:
    prior owner.
    i'm thinking of selling mine ... manual, vtir, atts, low kms. log books, regular dealer service, all stock, with pioneer dvd player and alarm with window lifters. hmmm... thinking thinking...
    ..i want an s2.. *sigh*

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord VTi-L
    mm.. stock vti-r atts.. very tempting
    Wood grain
    Reverse Parking Sensor
    LED Head Light
    LED Tail Light

Member Array
    Car:
    97 VTiR Prelude
    For a 97 model...you'd expect to pay somewhere around 16k. In saying that I bought mine for 14k, immac. condition, single lady owner, and 94k on the clock.

Just don't jump into buying the first one you see and look around, as you don't want to buy a car you're only 70% happy with

Quote Originally Posted by sx16 View Post
    man 97-01 are prettu much same engines same trim and same everything
    there was cars that come with leather trim and yeah but other than that diff between lets say 97 and 01 is 4 kw and this is what pple say so who knows

just get one that suits ur budget and low km whether it be 97 or right thru to 01

trips are not a problem unless you thrash it like any auto car , theres many many pple with trips and none had problem with theirs, the bad tranny is a myth and only happened in us not here

happy hunting
    100% agree with this statement

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    im pretty sure 99-01 had the H22Z not H22A's?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord VTi-L
    H22A1 - 94-96 = 142kW
    H22A4 - 97-98 = 143kW
    H22Z1 - 99-01 = 147kW
    Wood grain
    Reverse Parking Sensor
    LED Head Light
    LED Tail Light

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    thats the baby i want! i only got a EK1 atm but all my mates keep telling me a EK4 civic would chop a H22Z1, you reckon so?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda prelude 1999
    Quote Originally Posted by steve88 View Post
    im pretty sure 99-01 had the H22Z not H22A's?

yep. mines 99 n my mates were tellin me its a h22A. jus saw it a few mins ago properly n its actually H22Z1. ! LOL
    so ur right on there man

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    No mate, tiptronic means it is an auto that lets you select which gear you want sequentially through a +/- shifter gate or through paddles/buttons on your steering wheel. They can have any number of gears, 3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10, all tiptronics as long as they are autos with a torque convertor and allows you to select which gear you want.

Using the hold button only holds the lower gear. So if you had a non-tiptronic box in 3, and held the hold button down, it would still downshift to gears 1 and 2 if needed. The tiptronic would hold it in 3rd and not shift to 1st or 2nd.
    actually, Tiptronic is a Porsche trademark used to name its semi-auto gearboxes.

Other makers have different names eg. steptronic, sequential sportshift, e-shift, etc.