Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 Civic VTI Auto

Angry 06 civic air filter

I have a 06 civic, but there is very bad smell in the car when i use air con, i try to change the filter in the passenger side, but there is no air filter, only empty box. So i came to honda eastwood ask them why my car doesn't have a air filter, they said the air filter is a optional doesn't come with the new car, it worth $90. Is that true? As all i know every new car should come with air filter.

air filter is an option

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 Civic VTI Auto

Angry re 06 civic air filter

Does air filter helps much?
    I asked the dealer to fix the smell problem last month when doing 20000km service, they said it not help much if put the air filter on it, and there is nothing they can do about it.

Air Conditioner Odors
    Another common source of interior car odors is the air conditioning (A/C) system. That foul smell from your car's A/C is not only offensive, but it can also be bad for you. The air entering into your car passes over the A/C evaporator (the cooling element). When you operate your car's A/C, water condenses around the evaporator coils. The moisture on the evaporator makes it a magnet for air pollutants, including dust, dirt, grime, pollen, spores and germs. These pollutants form bacteria, dust mites and fungi, which all add up to create the bad smell that often occurs in A/C systems.*

Most luxury cars now offer filter canisters to remove pollutants from the air entering the car. However, the smell may still remain. In any case, it's still a good idea to treat your car's A/C each year with a quality A/C and heating system cleaner. The product I prefer is Wurth A/C & Heating System Cleaner. Simply spray Wurth A/C & Heating System Cleaner into the exterior air intake vents and the inside heat and A/C vents. It eliminates odors caused by bacteria, fungi, mildew and stagnant water.
    Source
    Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 civic sport
    you can buy a ryco from an auto parts dealer for less than $30 from memory.(RCA108P)
    If they can't find the right p/n, its the same size as the Odyssey

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    or i can supply a genuine one for $50 posted.
    brand new.
    =)

hahaha destrukshn, u sure u can sell sumthin in this section? jkz jkz...

Does it makes big difference between using and not using mate?

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    lol only trying to help people.
    =)
    well you'd be surpised how much crap it collects.
    lol.

Quote Originally Posted by destrukshn View Post
    lol only trying to help people.
    =)
    well you'd be surpised how much crap it collects.
    lol.
    hahahah, no hard feelings there mate... just jokin around... anyway, I might thinking of getting one as well... my sports is sooo bloody easy to get dusty (2 hrs after I vacum the whole interior, it becomes dusty again.. )

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic GLI 1997 EK1
    Quote Originally Posted by ausuki View Post
    Does air filter helps much?
    I asked the dealer to fix the smell problem last month when doing 20000km service, they said it not help much if put the air filter on it, and there is nothing they can do about it.
    It's good to add pollent ait filter. Specially if you have allergies or ashtma. It Also help by vacuum the blower unit. There are alot of dust, leaf,... in there.
    I don't know how's about new civic. But for my old civic EK1. It's locate under the dash on passenger side. To vacuum it, I remove the windshield wiper arms, then remove the hood seal and cowl cover.

Quote Originally Posted by destrukshn View Post
    or i can supply a genuine one for $50 posted.
    brand new.
    =)
    genuine honda pollen filter? The one from honda.com.au?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 Civic VTI Auto
    where can get the Wurth A/C & Heating System Cleaner and how much it is?
    i'm live in sydney. thanks.