Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

1) yes
    2) yes
    3) yes and both were tuned to their full potential.

here is the URL

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1993840&page=1
    Last edited by 94vtirozguy; 29-06-2007 at 01:40 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A,EG-K,PP-K
    how but if you fussed about manifolds, get ur self set of trumpets... and you will be changing your mine at the end of it ...
    with quads trothle of coz
    Unicorn: K20R Honda Beat PP1
    BTMotorsports
    JDM Auto Link - Your source for new and pre-owned JDM parts

Member Array
    Car:
    94 accord H22a
    Quote Originally Posted by 94vtirozguy View Post
    1) yes
    2) yes
    3) yes and both were tuned to their full potential.

here is the URL

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1993840&page=1
    Ok I've been reading through the thread on honda tech and from what I've gathered correct me if i'm wrong.
    1)The stock manifold wasn't portmatched to the 70mm TB (so no gain)
    2)The skunk2 comes bored to 66mm so it has a 6mm bigger opening than stock
    3)The 5.51hp gain required a 70mm Tb with a 6mm bigger opening then stock on the manifold.
    4)I would have liked to see a dyno for the stock manifold port matched to a 70mm or at least to 66mm to match the skunk2.
    Thanks for the link it was a good read.
    Cheers.
    Ruck Fules!

Official Chaingang Soldier

stock can't and nor can the euro unless you weld on a new flange to enable you to put on a larger TB

The skunk can easily take a large TB right out of box, and simply be ported to the new TB

Member Array
    Car:
    94 accord H22a
    I was under the impression that a skunk2 TB just bolts onto the stock manifold and you could just port the manifold to suit the size of the throttle body.
    You seem to be pretty informed when it comes to the h22a. Do you have an opinion on the fujitsubo headers for the h22a?
    I'm looking for a new set of headers so any opinion would be helpful.
    Cheers.
    Ruck Fules!

i didnt use the skunk TB on the skunk IM as there are better quality TB for cheaper.

If you want the most power for h22 headers SMSP, Hytech and RMF are the best on the market currently.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 accord H22a
    Quote Originally Posted by 94vtirozguy View Post
    i didnt use the skunk TB on the skunk IM as there are better quality TB for cheaper.

If you want the most power for h22 headers SMSP, Hytech and RMF are the best on the market currently.
    What throttle body did you use?
    Have you heard anything on the fujitsubo?
    Thanks.
    Ruck Fules!

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    Even if you can port match the manifold to the 68mm TB, you are probably crossing over the line where extra flow is actually beneficial. You would need to have a fair bit of headwork for 68mm to be justifiable on an N/A otherwise stock engine. Plus isn't the flow through the h22a head pretty average anyway?

the h22 actually flows pretty good from the factory. It suffers more from not getting enough air. Thats why basic bolt ons can give you decent gains and a good tune

68mm is ok and you will feel the difference with TB and IM ported on your h22. If you are going more heavy mods then say even 70mm or even quads i would be looking at.

i reckon original size is best, if bigger brings more power gain, Honda Engineers could have done that at the first place. It will vary the power band.
    i have done this mod on my EH, using DC throttle body, the result is more torque at low end but don't scream as hard at high. This is a personal experience.