Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yep, I wanna hear about what Micko's got planned for this thing..............gotta get into the 14s dude!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    1999 EM1 Civic VTi-R
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonGilholme View Post
    Hey man.

Descent time. Thats probably close to what i'd run i think. (i think i'm lighter then you but you got more mods).

Do you reckon the FPR worked some magic or just a bling bling item??

When we all goin for a morgan park track day?? or even a skid pan day?
    FPR Wont really do much unless you are gonna get aftermarket fuel pump and some injectors... which will be the next couple of things i do, aswel as ECU.

Probably go back out next week a bit earlier to get a few more runs in, and try some different approaches, hopefully getting a little bit faster (i havent gone backwards yet haha ^_^ )

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    Y are you upgrading your fuel system for? You're just wasting money, it's not needed for a setup like yours.

Ecu and Tune is a good idea though.
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

Member Array
    Car:
    1999 EM1 Civic VTi-R
    I know what you mean, I do want to keep this engine NA but i also want to prepare for a boosted system in the future, just so that i wouldnt have to spend a whole lot of money at once and just build up to it. You are right though, i have no use of these mods now for what it is.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF Civic track car
    hey fellas, pm me if you end up organising a track day at morgan park. over the last few years i've been driving in the qld super sprint series there, i would love to get out there with a few honda's. i never get to see any honda's where i race it would be unreal to be there on a day with just honda's. last time i heard it was starting to get a bit expensive to hire Morgan Park, i thought it was about $1500 to get it to your self, but it would be worth it if you could get 10-15 fellas that you trusted.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF Civic track car
    Quote Originally Posted by Micko View Post
    Went out tonight and got consistent low 15's my best run was:

RT: 1.124
    60ft: 2.385
    330ft: 6.613
    660ft: 9.986
    1000ft: 12.873
    ET: 15.302
    MPH: 92.46
    KPH: 148.8

10deg, 72%H (TT) 18deg

I ran a B16A2 - I/H/E - FPR EM1 with stripped back/passenger seats - ran on street tires at 30 psi (next time i will run lower for sure)

Video of my best run here
    just out of curiosity have you tried to run with lower psi in you tyre, i'm pretty sure last time i was using 20-24psi. i use 28psi on circuit days. Thats with advans though, which have a stiffer tyre wall

Member Array
    Car:
    1999 EM1 Civic VTi-R
    nah thats the one thing i wanted to do problem was i got there late and didnt get as many runs as i wanted to, thats why i am gonna head back out

Member Array
    Car:
    EF Civic track car
    should make a bit of a difference with lower psi.
    Just found out that morgan park do track days during the week on a wedensday, i'm not to sure if it is every wed's or just once a month. starts at 7.30am ish i think it is $50 for half a day and $75 for a full day.

Member Array
    Car:
    ek
    you should be able to crack your b16a into the 14 with an intake. some weight reduction and a decent sussy setup.

if your running i/h/e and decent tyres, 14.6 is do-able. work on your approach/technique before modding anymore.

luzinit ran a 14.9 with koni yellows. 16" gramlights 205/45/R16 -22psi /custom intake/new muffler. ~in his ek4
    12.949 @ 107.71mph
    2.063 60ft on Advan AD08
    EKK20A 142.9kw on 98ron

its not called stance if you're on spacers..

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Weight reduction is the way to go. 14's is only around the corner. I took me 10 passes or so to get into 14's. What i change was warming up the tyres more .

Member Array
    Car:
    EF Civic track car
    what do those civic's weigh, i did a 14.8 in my 1988 crx with a B16A1, with out changing or stuffing around with anything, that was after 5-6 runs. The Crx only weighs about 930kg or so.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R Series 2
    I'd also be interested in Morgan Park if someone else can organise it. I'm only good for a Sunday, though. Not Saturdays. I'll prob be a Willowbank this Sat 28/7 for my first run in years. I'm hoping for similar times... low 15's to high 14's!?! We'll see. Last time I had clutch issues.

The biggest factor, I think, in lowering your times on our relatively stock cars (if you don't want to pull you car to bits!) is semi's, or at least decent wheel/tyre combo. My old car pulled 16 flat with cheap 205/45/16's and 15.2 on cheap 195/60/14's. Wheel diameter makes a huge diff on FWD cars!

Having said that, my old H22 EG ran skinny 15's and struggled for grip in 1st and 2nd and may have run a better time with fat 16's, just to limit wheelspin. Susp can make a big diff too!

iijjee

Hope to see some Honda's out there. A friend of a friend will be running his new VE SS which has cam work and 300+rwkw. I'm guessing 12.5 - 12.8?
    iijjee
    Turbos Torque... VTEC Speaks!