Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    08 CBR 1000
    hey i dont exactly that. installed 2 12 inch subs and amp to my standard HU.
    it sounded pretty good, however like mattski said you u want more control over you sub and better sound upgrade your HU.

By putting subs in your car is affects to air vents in the boot. cause mine are now loose. when you hit bumps or on are rough road you can hear them rattle

seventwozero
    lol there is no small sub in the stock dc5s lol!

i have put in a dual 12" jbl sub and my boot is still rattle free.

i recommend getting a double din def. perhaps clarion or kenwood.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Pioneer AVH-P6850DVD
    Double DIN 6 stack DVD with 7" touchscreen
    Will be putting one in my g/f's car next week, should be sweet
    FOR SALE: Injector seal kits || Dayco B16A timing belt

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type S
    Looks very nice, but sorry mate just about $1K out of my price range

Anyways I touched base with Marty from FHRX Studios, he explained to me what they can do, and provided me with a quote.
    I shall visit him, when funds become available

Member Array
    Car:
    The Crusader (0
    mine!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    dam thats sexy! w/d
    FOR SALE: Injector seal kits || Dayco B16A timing belt

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Honda Integra Luxury
    i think in order to get the best sounding system, you should upgrade both the speakers and the HU, no matter how much you like them.

THe first thing you should do is the headunit, get something with 3 pre-outs, and run the stock speakers from it. If you enjoy the sound then, leave it as is.

If sound quality is what you want, the next step would be a decent ste of component speakers for the front. Run these off the HU first, and if you can afford it after, an amp - a 2 chn will be fine for splits.

A monoblock is what you want for decent subs. Run a monoblock with a 12" sub and it'll pump, esp in the DC5 where the car's interior will assist in the sound waves and vibrations.

Sound deadening your doors with Dynamat or similar will do wonders for sound quality as well.

So the best system would be:

aftermarket headunit, running ONLY the rear speakers off it. you can keep rear speakers stock, you sit in the FRONT of the car, not the REAR so its not as important (unless u want your rear passengers to have decent sound too)

2 amps (1 x 2chn for the splits, and 1 x monoblock for the sub)

itll cost you $$, but you get what you pay for. I ran that setup in my subaru, and a lot of mates thought it was a pumping system.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type S
    Quote Originally Posted by m0nk3y View Post
    So the best system would be:

aftermarket headunit, running ONLY the rear speakers off it. you can keep rear speakers stock, you sit in the FRONT of the car, not the REAR so its not as important (unless u want your rear passengers to have decent sound too)

2 amps (1 x 2chn for the splits, and 1 x monoblock for the sub)

itll cost you $$, but you get what you pay for. I ran that setup in my subaru, and a lot of mates thought it was a pumping system.
    Hey,

Thanks for the advice mate

It is something I want to do in the future, I just don't have the extra $$$ to spend on new gear.

So for the short-term I will sound deaden the car, keep original deck + speakers, and throw in my Amp + 12inch sub, and I believe the improvements will satisfy me (for time being)

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Honda Integra Luxury
    just remember you will need a line convertor if you want to run an amp off the stock HU.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type S
    Quote Originally Posted by m0nk3y View Post
    just remember you will need a line convertor if you want to run an amp off the stock HU.

Yep I know all about that, thanks