Member Array
    Car:
    White DC2R

TSC-1625 pioneers ??

hey guyz, got these the other day for bought $250 brand bew.
    installed them in my EG civic with 6" spacers and they sound pretty clear.

anyways..l'm slightly dissapointed with the lack of base.
    headunit it a pioneer DEH-3450
    Amp is a BOSS amp 800W 4 x 200

Splits are running off the front 2 channels on HPF.
    while the rear 2 channles are bridged for my sub.

lve got good highs...good lows...but loosing mids.Now, can i tune anything up ?

also, whats a good 4ch amp round the 600 - 800 mark ?

if that boss amp is 4x200w rms i will cum in my pants lol. i think u will find its 4x 50 wrms

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    what is the high pass filter set at? High passed at the amp, head or both? how solidly are the speakers mounted? have you deadened and sealed the doors at all?

the alpine mrv-f540 is a good 4 channel amp that can be had for mid to high $700s, but that's just one of countless possibilities.
    Intentionally Left Blank

Member Array
    Car:
    BL5 Liberty GT
    The Boss amp is pathetic. Get rid of it before it blows up (and yes, I have seen pictures of it blowing up, with lots of smoke...)

You'll find that without changing any of your components, if you have sound deadened the doors properly, you will get a lot more bass out of your speakers. Get the speaker enclosure (ie. your door) to be as close as a sealed enclosure as possible. Makes a huge difference.

For $600-800, you have PLENTY in choice for amps! That will get you a mid-highend amp. Like micka said, you have countless number of amps for that price. Look on CAA for some bargain amps

Does your headunit have a basic EQ of some sort? If you do, use it.
    Last edited by tangcla; 14-09-2004 at 04:01 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    BL5 Liberty GT
    PS. Not a bad price for the TS-C1625
    I personally would have bought the JL VR-600CSi splits instead (rrp $379; you can get them from JB for around the $300 mark).

But definitely, ditch your amp (sell it to whoever will buy it ) and get a real amp.
    (Sony amps don't classify as real amps to me )

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by tangcla
    The Boss amp is pathetic. Get rid of it before it blows up (and yes, I have seen pictures of it blowing up, with lots of smoke...)
    If you use the boss amp within its happy range, you should have no problems with it. The reason people fry them is because they expect way too much from them based on what's written on the box. You head unit will give about 10-15 Wrms to your speakers, the boss amp in its happy range will probably give around 40 Wrms in its happy range. If you look at it that way and not as a 4x 200 Watt amp you should have no problems.
    Intentionally Left Blank

Member Array
    Car:
    White DC2R
    yeh
    4 x 200 PP

l've put the splits on full n low gains
    sub is on low gains, on lpf n 0 +db on the round 80hz cut off

eq is flat for everythin..happy

but new amp will cum soon!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5
    hahaha good luck getting 5wrms from the boss amp...they will blow for sure...just a matter of time

get yourself a decent amp and you will hear great improvement

While the amp is a little 'how ya going', the main reason you have no bass is because there is not enough sound deadening inside your door and possibly no diffusers behind the speakers themselves.

Your speakers are AC in that they send souund off in both directions. The rear sound wave hits your doors outer skin and reflects back and depending on path length (which usually ends up being in the 100-300hz region) you have near perfect cancellation.

This is why we do this to every single one of our installs we do here.

Member Array
    Car:
    BL5 Liberty GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhrx
    This is why we do this to every single one of our installs we do here.
    Nice pics... pictures always speak louder than words

Well feel free to browser the entire website then.

I might just remind people that Fhrx Studios IS affiliated with OzHonda so if you have any questions, feel free to ask them.