Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra

Angry DA9 Oil Rings Starting to Go

Hey everyone. I just found out that my oil rings in my DA9 are starting to go. What do u recon i should do? As the head was done only a month ago and so i dont really want to be spending another $1500 ^ on getting the block done as well. Any suggestions?
    Thanks guys

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Bump...

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    like the car?
    lol
    because if you get a 2nd hand block, with pistons, it'd probably end up the same sooner or later
    get it rebuilt for 1.5k, and you won't have to worry about it, for a very long time. if it was done correctly.

or you can do a motor swap, like a h22a or a b18c or so.

how did you find out that your rings are starting to go ? some guy told you ?
    Get a compression test and or leakdown test to determine the internal condition of your motor ( to see if there is significant leaks past your piston rings amongst other things) and take it from there.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Nah, i took it to a mechanic to get it checked out, as the car isnt starting properly when its warm and is blowing a bit of blue smoke. He adjusted the fuel pressure, but its still not starting properly once warmed up. The reason he reconed the oil rings are going was because of the smoke. Half the time it starts and half the time it doesn't, so i have to sit there and wait for 5 mins or so, then keep turning it over until it starts. Plus, its blowing a bit of blue smoke. I dont think he did a compression test at all tho...thanks for the tip, ill go get one done. Any suggestions on why my car isnt starting properly tho? I dont think thats liked to the rings at all. Im thinking maybe the distrubutor? As it starts fine when its cold, but just doesnt want to start when its warm. It turns over fine, but just doesnt want to ignite.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9
    can you hear your fuel pump prime when the car won't start?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra
    hmm...haven't noticed. Good point tho, ill keep an ear out for it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Poo-goat 307
    b18a rebuild - $1500
    b16a- $1500-2000 (non R)
    b18c- $3000-3500 (non R)

Member Array
    Car:
    I miss my old DA9 :0(
    Quote Originally Posted by ACTI0NMAN-1 View Post
    b18a rebuild - $1500
    b16a- $1500-2000 (non R)
    b18c- $3000-3500 (non R)
    Add to that list B18B- $1000 and below

B18B = 140hp opposed to B18A = 130hp, my old DA9 had the same problem and eventually went Booom in a big way, so I headed down to a Honda wreckers where I found a B18B from a low km DC2 GSi and payed just under $1k, drops right in and saves the hassle of getting yours rebuilt etc tec.
    ダットサン, Dattosan!
    My Daily driven Datto http://ozdat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=11572