Member Array
    Car:
    Sexy

headlights question

In my Civic I have a high beam and a low beam lightbulb. And I know the bulb codes for them. But theres also a smaller bulb that lights up when you turn on the first(darkest) level of lights.

Im planning on getting brighter headlights since I have trouble seeing at night with the stock. I was wondering if that small bulb can be replaced as well. and the code for it. Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    Quote Originally Posted by IAMVTEC View Post
    In my Civic I have a high beam and a low beam lightbulb. And I know the bulb codes for them. But theres also a smaller bulb that lights up when you turn on the first(darkest) level of lights.

Im planning on getting brighter headlights since I have trouble seeing at night with the stock. I was wondering if that small bulb can be replaced as well. and the code for it. Thanks.
    buddy thats the parker light. its normal standard parker. should be widely available with most cars.

you can change them if you wish. however, dont be fooled by false advertising.

some call it "ice/blue" affect, but its just a simple tint of blue. doesn't really light up anything.

get some MTEC parker bulbs. Ozhonda "Liquidsound" sells them. they are extremely bright due to their high walt. pm him if you wish.

here is a pic of my parkers on my number plate (they are the same to headlights) pics below.

PIC1 comparison. normal bulb on left. MTEC bulb on right.

PIC2 final result

(btw im in no way advertising MTEC bulbs. its just what i got and think the best from the countless rubbish bulbs i purchased from Autobarn)

NOTE: since your getting "brighter" bulbs for your main light, parkers wont even stand out at all.

Member Array
    Car:
    s15
    ^^ agreed dont waste your money on other generic brand parker bulbs that claim this and that on the packet. it will disappoint you, when it turns out crap

IMO MTEC bulbs are pretty good

The larger bulb does your high beam and low beam by varying the amount of charge sent to it.

The bulb you are talking about (as pointed out above) is your parker lights. Replacing these you wont notice any difference in brightness when driving at night (as long as the headlights are on, which they should be). Be careful not to get coloured ones, as these are defectable.
    ...... and that's all I have to say about that.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    They are called "Wedge" bulbs which use a code of 194 and 168. The normal wedge bulbs can be purchased from AutoOne, SuperCheap, KMart etc..

You can get bright white LED bulbs from here:
    http://www.superbrightleds.com/mini-wedge.html

Dont get coloured (blue) ones though since the c0ps will defect you if they catch you.

The WLED-WHP LED Wedge Base Bulbs are pure white and VERY bright ftw, and they are only $7 each
    Last edited by EuroDude; 06-03-2007 at 01:20 PM.
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 > CL9 > RE4
    yeah it's parker light, or some call them city light.. u can change the LED one, it's brighter..

have truble seeing with stock lights? try driving with angel eyes + 20 percent tint ... its a pain in the ass

do brighter / white lights work? imo they suck in terms of vision compared to the standard yellow ones

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Quote Originally Posted by nvmee View Post
    have truble seeing with stock lights? try driving with angel eyes + 20 percent tint ... its a pain in the ass

do brighter / white lights work? imo they suck in terms of vision compared to the standard yellow ones
    He is asking about the small daylight lights, not the halogens.
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    17 HR-V VTi-S
    Quote Originally Posted by mugeneration View Post
    The larger bulb does your high beam and low beam by varying the amount of charge sent to it.

The bulb you are talking about (as pointed out above) is your parker lights. Replacing these you wont notice any difference in brightness when driving at night (as long as the headlights are on, which they should be). Be careful not to get coloured ones, as these are defectable.
    hmm its interesting that u say its defectable.. coz i have blue bulbs as parkers and also blue bulbs as the main lights.. and cops have pulled me over numerous times but have never said anything about my lights..

Member Array
    Car:
    CBR600RR
    it also known as T10 wedge bulb... mine is a very bright 3W white projector LED, way brighter than most 5W incandescent bulbs (which what normal T10/168 bulbs are)