Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ED6/EF9 chassis

Member Array
    Behind the wheel of my car, cruising the hills of adelaide
    Car:
    ED6 Civic
    you could always fit springs of a higher spring rate in the rear. or the other option is get your car corner balanced with the existing suspension (if your springs are ride height adjustable). altho cars usually look a little wonky after corner balancing...
    Current Performance Modifications to ED6:
    not telling, but it involves a semi-quad carb setup, and lots and lots of compression.

Member Array
    Car:
    4thGen Civic GL
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawasaki View Post
    so -1 deg camber? personally at times i find -2 is not enough
    ah yes, my mistake. -1'31 & -1'19 left & right respectively. Thanks Kawasaki. i'll keep that in mind next time i go to get alignment done.

SlobberGoat= my main culprit is turn 8 @wakefield. even entering as slow as i could, even braking earlier, taking slightly different lines. once i turned the wheel & started to accelerate, it got taily. The other times i lost it with or without the rear swaybar on other corners, would've been driver error. But that day, arriving at turn 8 was a headache. i had to take it much slower than i have before in the past.

SeverAMV= thanks for your responses. aswell as everyone else.

After analysing everything & talking to my mate that was there on the day. it sounds like it was a combination of everything lol. at the time, i had no rear swaybar, less grippier tyres at the rear,(2month toyo T1R[F] old michelin HX mxv3a[R]), so when redlining 3rd gear from turn 7, braking hard into turn 8, which is a downhill off camber left hook turn. weight transfer(no rear swaybar), overheated rear tyres after a few laps. a nice recipe for losing the backend.

i'd like to hear ppl's thoughts on the above.

going to fix & put back rear swaybar, even out the grip of tyre at the rear.
    get alignment reset again. then troubleshoot from their if im still not happy with handling. maybe stiffer springs, differnt combo's of swaybar sizes etc as you guys have mentioned.

basically i want to find the limits of this setup before doing anything else. i had this nicely done 3 years ago, but never take it to the track and get officially timed. finally get officially timed, but not everything is right. Frustrating!!!

also after reading over this again :
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...?t=2205&page=4

im sure chassis & setup is quicker than a showroom stock Barina SRi !
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    i don't think i'll ever get over a 4G civic hatch
    ---------------------------------------------------------