Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Member Array
    Car:
    Js Racing Time Attack DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by kartman View Post
    You can get Bridgestone RE55S in 215/45/17
    That's what Sam from Shift told me to get too.

I now have 2 sets of wheels. I got the JDM DC5R rims dirt cheap for the track and the RAYS are on order. Picked up the JDM wheels for less than $200 each.

God knows how long the RAYS will be. I've been told it can be up to 3 months. The JDMs may end up on the car for the interim.

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    If your after semi slicks you can drive on the street then I would recommend the Toyo RA-1s, if it's track only then you can't go wrong with the RE55s...

Just a word of caution though, driving on the street with the RE55s will drive you nuts! They are just so loud, it sounds like a swarm of bees chasing after you! They do have enough grip in cold weather though, so that's not a problem but the main problem being that if it's rains you'll be screwed, I've aquaplaned and spun my car before driving normally in wet conditions with RE55s on. So I think the RA-1s will be your best bet!
    2007 BMW M3 Jerez Black/Palladium Silver
    2002 BMW M3 Ruby Black/Black - SOLD
    1999 Honda S2000 NFR/Black - SOLD

Member Array
    Car:
    EF Civic track car
    As far as using semi-race slicks on the road, i think you will be wasting your money, they don't last as long, and there are not really needed unless you have a huge hp car.
    As far as the track goes semi racing slicks as well worth while, when i swaped over from using performance road tyre to road legal semi racing slicks, at my local hill climb i droped 2 sec on a track that only takes 56 secs (and they were even second hand ones that had hardened up a little). If i was you though i would be trying to the semi racing slicks on a 15" or 16" rim. they are cheaper and they are more common to buy.
    For circuit racing i use Yokohama Advan-032R's
    And i've just bought a set of Kumho Ecsta V-700 for hill climbing. The Kumho's are ment to be a little softer, so they arn't to good for doing more than 3 laps cuz you will over heat them.
    Remember you can also choose a softer or harder compound depending of what type of track work you will be doing.

Member Array
    Car:
    The RE55s were pretty tricky to get. Apparentely there's only one Australian wholesaler for them and he charges an arm and a leg. I've got someone sourcing me Toyo Proxes 888s.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Advan 048 user here. Hasn't failed on the track yet.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5R
    RE55s user here...

damn noisy tire... grip is awesome.. no track work yet...

i wouldn't recommend them for st tyres..

used for about 2xxx km... still got good tread.. maybe 1/2 left.

driving normally during heavy rain is ok...

just dont floor it.. or there could be trouble!
    Last edited by wuism; 06-08-2007 at 01:12 AM. Reason: add more info

Member Array
    Car:
    Supplier found RE55s. They'll take a week to come in. JDM wheels arrive today. Anyone weighed the JDM wheels?

Member Array
    Car:
    trotts
    RE55s or for a more street friendly tyre AD07s FTW
    BONUS ROUND
    There is still room on the bandwagon for you.

Member Array
    Car:
    Got the new tyres and I'll be fitting them to the JDM wheels and chucking the coilovers in tomorrow. BTW, the Michelins I got were the Pilot Exaltos. Apparentely the Pilot Sports aren't available in Australia anymore.

Here's a link to them.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....lot+Exalto+PE2

Not sure whether to run the Rays or JDMs on the road though. They're both seriously light wheels and great for the track.
    Last edited by m0nty ITR; 08-08-2007 at 08:36 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1, JAZZ, ITR, EURO
    Quote Originally Posted by .::F[L]Y::. View Post
    Advan AD07. one of the best street tyres money can buy i think. some people here have them and couldnt be happier.
    x2

Member Array
    Car:
    Fastest CRV in the USA
    BFG drag radial. I use them every summer, because thay also only last maybe 3 months of continuous driving. I recomend getting 2 more rims, smaller, for when you run at the track, but at that point, you might as well get slicks and upgraded axles. it is pretty easy on BFG drag radials to break stock axles on the street.