Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: New 2007 Crv

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda CRV 2007

Just bought CRV, nice vehicle, want more power

I traded in my 2000 Japanese built Corolla (they are built in Korea I think since 2001) for a 2007 CRV. I go camping a fair bit and the hatchback was too small.

I could care less where they are built as all manufacturing factories will gravitate to cheapest cost location over time.
    Doesn't mean quality changes - big names like Toyota, Honda, etc would not dare compromise quality - would lose sales and negate saving of moving to cheaper location - what's the point of that?

I drove all the competitors over a period of 6 months as I was in no hurry. Deciding factors were manual, space, running cost, purchase price, safety, power.
    Would have liked a 6 cyclinder but purchase price and running cost knocked them out. I travel too much to fork out all that extra money for petrol. Four cyclinders at 125 kw is close enough to the heavier 6 cyclinder models anyway.
    Some styles were too old as well. Came down to Rav4 and CRV. Close call but Rav4 felt agricultural to drive, also no stability control and that bloody wheel on the back door.

Got manual CRV for $33,250 drive away with tow bar and boot lid thrown in for the price (Sydney north shore).
    Autos are for pansies.

Found it a great drive, very happy with it.
    Already got stuck on the beach (idiot that I am) but found it very capable off-road in the mountains and on slippery rutted mud roads after the recent rains.

Due to the extra weight I find it less responsive than the Corolla, especially in Sydney traffic.
    So want to improve the low-down grunt and responsiveness.
    Any ideas and places to have this done?

Quote Originally Posted by marathon42 View Post
    I traded in my 2000 Japanese built Corolla (they are built in Korea I think since 2001) for a 2007 CRV.
    I'm sure all Corollas were built in Japan, apart from the Sportivo's which were from South Africa.
    Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Sante Fe
    Cosmetically-wise.. they are the ugliest model Honda has ever brought out!! The interior is not all that bad tho only get leather tho bcoz its much easier to maintain. If you decide to get cloth...well your in for long days vacuuming and cleaning
    SpitShine Car Detailing
    PERTH BASED
    0401 527 750 - Scott

marathon42, if you wanted more power, you should get the Outlander V6 3.0L or the Rav4 V6 with the 3.5L Lexus RX350 engine.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda CRV 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by hondarox View Post
    marathon42, if you wanted more power, you should get the Outlander V6 3.0L or the Rav4 V6 with the 3.5L Lexus RX350 engine.
    Thanks - I will just activate my time machine and take up your advice.

In any case, Outlander is Mitsubishi (not my favourite), only in auto (only manual for me), $38,500 before on-road costs, so $about $10k up on CRV.
    RAV4 in V6 not available in Oz yet and undoubtably greater cost and maintenance if it was.

You could also have mentioned the ML 350, X5, XC90, Discovery, etc, but you buy what you can.
    Last edited by marathon42; 06-07-2007 at 09:45 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    SloEur
    i'm waiting for the improved outlander vrx. it is better equipped and, surprisingly, handles and ride better than the crv.
    don't get me wrong, the CRV in manual form, is a pretty good drive. but i really cannot stand that michael jackson nose job.

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by hondarox View Post
    do some more research b4 u reccomend cars that are not availible here

i know wat u mean about the power, its good value for money but they needed at least another 5-15kws!
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by marathon42 View Post
    So want to improve the low-down grunt and responsiveness.
    Any ideas and places to have this done?
    Honestly, i think it is not worth modifying the CRV. Not with 1570kg and 125kw as your base position. Even if you put on an intake/header/exhaust I doubt you will notice much difference to justify the $$$. Try and reduce the weight where you can - remove the spare, tools and carry a tin of sealant for around town, that will save you 20kg. If you are keen remove the intake resonator.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CRV (2007)
    When this model first came out I didn't like the look of it much either, but its grown on me since it came out here (much like the bug-eye Subaru Impreza). I've taken it for a drive and well, compared to the Accord Euro I have now, there was nothing inspirational about the drive, it's an underpowered little bus. However, it's a nice little bus with style and finish that I've come to appreciate from Honda. Trying to fit baby and pram and all the other junk into the Accord is a bit of a challenge, so I'm looking forward to the CRV. This is only my second Honda, I'm really liking what they do. I would've loved to get another Euro or even the funky new Civic, but having a few more bodies and "stuff" to cart around the CRV is more practical for the next few years.

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    it also outsold the Rav-4 last month!
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CRV (2007)
    Quote Originally Posted by UNLS1 View Post
    it also outsold the Rav-4 last month!
    Yeah, I looked at the Rav, didn't do anything for me, the CRV has a much nicer User Interface, and feels a bit more spacious.

IMO, the Japanese built Rav4 is much better looking outside from all angles than the Thai built CRV.
    CRV looks better inside than Rav4 though.
    Oh yes, CRV only outsold Rav4 by 64 units in July.
    Here are the sales figures for the other months:

Jun '07 Rav4 - 1343 CRV - 1011

May '07 Rav4 - 1146 CRV - 1043

Apr '07 Rav4 - 1043 CRV - 862

Mar '07 Rav4 - 1406 CRV - 1454

Feb '07 Rav4 - 1110 CRV - 944

I believe CRV sales will suffer when Rav4 V6 is released.
    Last edited by hondarox; 09-08-2007 at 09:42 PM.