Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    arent hondata piggy back ecu's and with exchange rate ect it will be close to 4 k yes but in australia can i get all the parts in that kit for under 4 grand is what i am curious about like IM injectors Garret t28 ball bearing... and the quality of the manifolds as aposed to a custom one...

would this be a good estimate on a custom kit

Hondata 300+ 900ish for tune
    T28 ball bearing is around a grand plus ?
    manifold 300
    injectors 400+
    Intercooler 400+
    piping and lines 300
    clutch 300

all up 3600 min using probs half ass brands for cooler and manifold wouldnt it be worth paying the extra 400 for a decent brand name pre made kit for my car only down side is the shitty ecus that come with but i can replace them and sell the shit one off ? right idea or not?

how bouts this one for a d-series.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72715
    www.groundupgarage.com

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by hondavti25 View Post
    arent hondata piggy back ecu's and with exchange rate ect it will be close to 4 k yes but in australia can i get all the parts in that kit for under 4 grand is what i am curious about like IM injectors Garret t28 ball bearing... and the quality of the manifolds as aposed to a custom one...

would this be a good estimate on a custom kit

Hondata 300+ 900ish for tune
    T28 ball bearing is around a grand plus ?
    manifold 300
    injectors 400+
    Intercooler 400+
    piping and lines 300
    clutch 300

all up 3600 min using probs half ass brands for cooler and manifold wouldnt it be worth paying the extra 400 for a decent brand name pre made kit for my car only down side is the shitty ecus that come with but i can replace them and sell the shit one off ? right idea or not?
    Firstly, the Garret kit doesnt say it comes with a Hondata setup. I am also not sure why you are just looking at Hondata - is this because of what you have read on overseas forums?

Secondly, the Garret kit does not include a clutch either, so you are not comparing like with like.

I still recommend you do some more research into finding the right parts for your setup and then look at costs involved. Speak with a range of tuners on the forums and then determine which route you want to take. My personal feelings are not to rush into this as it can be expensive and costly.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by G3RA1D View Post
    how bouts this one for a d-series.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72715
    that kit is not bad either, comes wit a e-manage!

Quote Originally Posted by hinezz View Post
    that kit is not bad either, comes wit a e-manage!

yeah i can get that brand new from the US 2500-3000AU shipped only thing is No intercooler simple enough to replace but emanage... ive been told by james from hondatech and hondata thats emange isnt so good... but i am torn between the garrett and Greddy atm

Member Array
    Car:
    The Moving Kind
    its good enough to run the basic kit with no problems... as long as u dont modify the kit at all. u could just do that first then up grade ecu down the track.

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A,EG-K,PP-K
    e-manage is pretty good piggy back i had 1 on mine runs a GOOD !!
    Unicorn: K20R Honda Beat PP1
    BTMotorsports
    JDM Auto Link - Your source for new and pre-owned JDM parts

yeah its an idea but would i be able to include a cooler with out having to tune?

hey guys if i use a ebay cooler will it make that much differance i can get the greddy kit shipped for 2700 all i need is a cooler and boost controller

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A,EG-K,PP-K
    cooler just get it off ebay au =P mine is off ebay and is pretty good doesnt make any whistle noise lol !! like some china do

$150 included shipping to my place and brand new although is depends on the size.

Boost ctrl is depends what is ur budget and either u want to buy 2nd hand or brand new =)

ProfecB II is pretty good
    Blitz ID
    AVCR - bit pricey
    or even bleed valve lol!

try to get EBC the perform better then bleed valve
    Unicorn: K20R Honda Beat PP1
    BTMotorsports
    JDM Auto Link - Your source for new and pre-owned JDM parts

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4 / EVO TME 6.5
    hwo about for b series?