Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 LastLast
    Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by slipangle View Post
    That implies that the fastest is the "best"...a bit simplistic ain't it?
    I was implying that we each bought the car that we liked and then go onto the track to enjoy the car as how it was meant to be. Driving on the street at the speed limit, most cars will feel the same power/handling-wise.

Nope, fastest is not best. But in the context of this thread, yes we are talking about the faster car. Why else would you buy a Type R/EVO/STI/M3/Ferrari/911/V8?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Just personal opinion, Civic is a civic, integra is an integra, evo is an evo, no matter how much is it. It's all about if you think it's worth to pay for the price or not

my own opinion... 60k is worthed for Type RR not Type R... (we dont know how much mugen will charge us for the upgrades anyway - maybe already cost us $10-20k?)

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Type R FN2
    Quote Originally Posted by spoondc2 View Post
    Just personal opinion, Civic is a civic, integra is an integra, evo is an evo, no matter how much is it. It's all about if you think it's worth to pay for the price or not
    True and I agree...but your paying a high price for a car which would probably be worth only 40k in Aus. if it came out...at the end of the day its still going to be a Civic...but then again its is awesome car so I can understand why your mind would be saying fck it and just buy it.
    civic type R

Disabled Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord VTi-S
    not to get flamed but there are sum decent aussie cars in that price bracket as well if noones already brought em up. f6 typhoon and hsv clubbies are around that price as well iirc (the ss is $15k less) yet all would hammer the civic in a straight line. the balance and handling of a car only count for so much, at the end of the day u need sum decent power as goin as well...

my 2c neway

Member Array
    Car:
    8thGen Civic VTi
    from wat i understand,t he clubbie is a pretty decent car all round... handles pretty well.. i love those big aussie cars too (unpopular tho it may be on OzHonda)

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4 Integra
    civic is a civic for me and thats what i like about it, the balance between efficiency and performance. Something Aussie cars don't have.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Type R FN2
    Quote Originally Posted by EGBenny View Post
    civic is a civic for me and thats what i like about it, the balance between efficiency and performance. Something Aussie cars don't have.
    Thats a pretty shallow comment..im not a big fan of holdens and fords and probably wouldn't buy one but from what they used to be about 10 years ago..i personally recon they have come up in the market as good quality cars with decent performace..like the new VE SS, ClubSports and Monaro's are really nice cars.

But anyway back on topic id prob spend 60k on importing a civic RR than buying a holden..just because I like my honda's..but I don't need too I'm still overwhelmed by my new civic.
    civic type R

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_typer View Post
    Thats a pretty shallow comment..im not a big fan of holdens and fords and probably wouldn't buy one but from what they used to be about 10 years ago..i personally recon they have come up in the market as good quality cars with decent performace..like the new VE SS, ClubSports and Monaro's are really nice cars.

But anyway back on topic id prob spend 60k on importing a civic RR than buying a holden..just because I like my honda's..but I don't need too I'm still overwhelmed by my new civic.
    He said he wanted efficiency, so his comment is pretty valid. To me, I didn't like the aussie V8s because they handled like a boat. But the new VE is amazing with regards to handling. Stock for stock, it handles better than my Euro! I've driven the VY and that was bad. The VE is so good that it is a viable alternative to a Honda with regards to handling, and it doesn't even need aftermarket coils! (unlike the Euro)

Now, if only they put in a better gearbox into that VE
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Tanaka Horushi - Z
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip Lee View Post

nice one!!

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    I was implying that we each bought the car that we liked and then go onto the track to enjoy the car as how it was meant to be. Driving on the street at the speed limit, most cars will feel the same power/handling-wise.

Nope, fastest is not best. But in the context of this thread, yes we are talking about the faster car. Why else would you buy a Type R/EVO/STI/M3/Ferrari/911/V8?
    OK, if, on the point of measuring "fast"-ness, paying 60K for a Mugen RR is not beyond the bounds of most people's thinking.

Case in point : just came across this vid featuring EVO, STi, Nismo 350Z, NSX-R and FD2R : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ScCGnCmroY

Now, the FD2R is not in a different league in terms of lap times to the EVO, and laps quicker than the Z. IIRC the Mugen RR laps in the 1:04 range at Tsukuba - that would mean it would lap quicker than even the NSX-R if the 1:04 time is true.

The Mugen RR is no less accomplished than the 350Z, EVO, or STi in the 60K price range if we just kept to measuring "value" based on lap times.