recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole

Unhappy wheel alighment again??

i m not sure if this shud belongs to here... if not... someone pls move it to where it should be...i got my wheel alighment done like a month ago .... and got 2 new tyres today ... but after i drove off from the tyre centre.. i realised that my steerin is not straight... so wat do u guys think i shud do?? just get wheel alighment again?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1, BB6, AP1
    Can i ask why you it alligned a month ago? but normally when you change anything on any wheel it is good to get it alligned. but in your case its obvious you need another one.. make sure you aint going to change the rear two anytime soon.. or else just change it all now and save money

Vic

Member Array
    Car:
    slow taxi
    yeah... usually you'd get yoru wheels changed first.. then when everything is where it should be.. THEN we do the alignment.

Member Array
    Car:
    baron
    yeah sucks when that happens... I'm waiting till I upgrade my rears then I'm re-aligning it... stupid gay $60 4 wheel alignment.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM Integra TypeR 97 Spec
    alignment should be done when you change tyres.

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    damn ... $ again ... i m just abt to renew my rego.

CTP+rego.+pinkies=$9xx

someone just shoot me pls..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CRX SiR
    Instead of asking to be shot.....you could ask how to do it yourself so you don't ever pay again for wheel alignments.

If you have lots of time and not lots of money, here is some tinkering you can do yourself:
    I have an adjustable rod made up with a cow's horn shape, set of points at each end.
    You can measure the distance between the inside of the front tyres, at the front and rear at axle height. The difference is the toe setting, which should be about 2-3mm toe in.
    If this is OK, then adjust each track rod the same length (say lengthen the LHS while shortening the RHS) to recentre your steering wheel.
    If that's too hard, use a string line along the side of front and rear tyres.
    You can actually see fairly accurately if you have a millimetre or so toe by this method. This is the way I do my rear wheel alignments.

lol

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kickthecancrew
    alignment should be done when you change tyres.
    (above link)
    No, swapping tyres or wheels will not effect the wheel alignment geometry
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq