Quote Originally Posted by rhk View Post
    pics coming soon but:

tint
    in car accent kit thingy lol
    rota sub zero
    toyo tasw
    Hid's coming tomorrow
    Tein SS ordered (to take a month lol)

Good Stuff..so u going for the HID's? wat type and brand and where u getting it installed?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    I wanna put the Mugen muffler or exhaust on but am having trouble trying to find out what's on offer... Thinking of the Twin Loop. Anyone got any thoughts?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhui01 View Post
    just curious... are your license plate issued by the RTA? Because you don't have the NSW words on it, is it legal?
    Nope they are from Johor, Malaysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimian View Post
    Any pics of your HIDs hitting a wall at night? Any problems as our FDs has no projectors? Light not all reflecting all over the place?
    Came out alright. Are there any instructions/tips on how to take the photo? i.e. Should I just drive up next to a wall and take a photo of that?

Here's some I took at the shops at night compared to my mate who has Crystalvision bulbs;

HID: ($390 incl. parts fully installed)

Phillips Crystalvision: ($100 for 4 bulbs not incl. install)

... now I need to find someone with stock halogens in the Civic to do a comparison!

Pics: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73641
    Last edited by JaCe; 13-09-2007 at 08:50 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 - RB1
    Quote Originally Posted by JaCe View Post
    Nope they are from Johor, Malaysia.

Came out alright. Are there any instructions/tips on how to take the photo? i.e. Should I just drive up next to a wall and take a photo of that?

Here's some I took at the shops at night compared to my mate who has Crystalvision bulbs;

HID: ($390 incl. parts fully installed)

Phillips Crystalvision: ($100 for 4 bulbs not incl. install)

... now I need to find someone with stock halogens in the Civic to do a comparison!

Pics: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73641
    where did u get crystalvision for $25 each ?
    Big Brake Kit with Slotted rotor and Braided Line for FD
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...009-Direct-Fit

Quote Originally Posted by dmx View Post
    where did u get crystalvision for $25 each ?
    i think its $50 each? since a box contains a pair? Friend of mine also sed he can get it for aroudn that price, but couldnt remember where he get it from...

JACE: what kelvin is your HID Jace?

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 - RB1
    Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post
    i think its $50 each? since a box contains a pair? Friend of mine also sed he can get it for aroudn that price, but couldnt remember where he get it from...

ok lah, $50 a pair
    my friend got it for $100 a pair last time.
    bluevision around $60 last time.
    note: is crystalvision top of range ones ?
    Big Brake Kit with Slotted rotor and Braided Line for FD
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...009-Direct-Fit

Quote Originally Posted by dmx View Post
    ok lah, $50 a pair
    my friend got it for $100 a pair last time.
    bluevision around $60 last time.
    note: is crystalvision top of range ones ?
    this guys selling them for $60

http://www.gotgames.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=236

and i think "diamond vision" (5000k) is the top of the ranges...
    Crystalvision = 4300k
    bluevision = 4000k

check this ebay store:
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Prestige-H...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Quote Originally Posted by JaCe View Post
    I wanna put the Mugen muffler or exhaust on but am having trouble trying to find out what's on offer... Thinking of the Twin Loop. Anyone got any thoughts?
    either go mugen original which im looking at getting or the fuji catback system.

Your halogens look much better than your HIDs. Maybe its the photo. The halogens has more of a spread where the HIDs is more direct

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post

Technically it would be $100 for 4 since the box came with 2 bonus small bulbs. I bought it from Repco or Autobarn.. can't remember.

HIDs are 6000k.

either go mugen original which im looking at getting or the fuji catback system.

Your halogens look much better than your HIDs. Maybe its the photo. The halogens has more of a spread where the HIDs is more direct
    1. Can't decide if I want to go just the muffler (<$700) or all the way with the full catback. Will buy when I go back to Singapore/Malaysia in December.

2. It's the photo I think because I took that after I got the HIDs installed- my HID Civic is parked next to my mate's Crystalvision Civic, and I stood in the one spot (on the right of his car) and took the photo with him turning on/off my lights in my car on the left. Sorry for very convoluted description there!

Btw if any of you guys are interested in the HIDs, they are installed by people who are very professional and I saw them repairing work on someone else's poorly installed HIDs (that had the controller wrapped in a plastic bag and sealed with tape!). PM me if you want their details- they're in Sydney btw.

Does your HID reflect all over the place since we dont have projectors? And how does it look from the oncoming traffic? Blinding or crisp cutoff?

Ive decided to go with mugen cos ive read reviews that it goes well with the stock pipings. And mugen would have put alot of effort into R&D so thats why they just released muffler only. If they found catback to be a plus, then they would have released one for our FDs.

Trying to emulate this look. Kinda think it looks hot with the spoiler and the rear lower bodykit. That there is the mugen xos.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Does your HID reflect all over the place since we dont have projectors? And how does it look from the oncoming traffic? Blinding or crisp cutoff?

Ive decided to go with mugen cos ive read reviews that it goes well with the stock pipings. And mugen would have put alot of effort into R&D so thats why they just released muffler only. If they found catback to be a plus, then they would have released one for our FDs.

Trying to emulate this look. Kinda think it looks hot with the spoiler and the rear lower bodykit. That there is the mugen xos.
    1. To be honest I don't know but from what I can see, it's not as wide angled as this other FD in my area which has very very bright HIDs with a very huge spread. Mine is still relatively normal and doesn't come off as being outrageously bright/modified.

2. Doesn't Mugen have the catback one for around $1100? I know the Twin Loop Silencer is about $650 but I don't know exact model/part #... if you have any idea, please advise!

3. That looks exactly like the Mugen Civic I saw on the weekend (at the place I got my HIDs installed). He had the full genuine Mugen kit + Silencer muffler (not catback) installed. He imported himself from HK but ran into some trouble with customs and had to pay quite a bit of tax on it.

Its the only mugen sports exhaust on www.mugen-power.com for our FD. Its muffler only going for about $1100AUD. This is a straight through.

Im looking to get just spoiler and rear lower for now since i have modulo kit. Will see how it looks first but hopefully it should be ok. Then followed by muffler