Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Std '03

centre storage box stuck

hey guys, just wondering if anyone has this problem.

my centre storage box won't spring up anymore. like when i close it, it still has the original springy feel but when i try open it it depresses a bit and just stays closed. the only way to open it now is to gently push it up to open it(which produces a clicking noise), but by doing so i'm worried i'll snap a clip thats inside soon. anyone know how to fix this?

sounds lke the mechanism might already be stuck or broken in some way...

not sure how to fix other than to pull it out an have a look (the entire thing does come out, but you gotta play around with the console for a bit before it comes out)

some one with a service manual might be able to help..stay tuned
    TEAM YUM CHA DAILY

Quote Originally Posted by Krogoth
    so damn coooool, lol, u mite just 5h1t urself

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Std '03
    sweet, thanks

guess i have to wait for that someone

I am planing to remove that center console.... how to pry it out?

Just notice that its mention here

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71765

Removing the centre Console:
    1. To remove the centre console first open the cig lighter compartment and remove the ashtray. under ther you'll find two screws, remove them. You now need to remove the gear boot surround (not sure for autos). this is simple, place your fingers on the inside of the leather, hook them under the edge of the plastic as marked by the red arrows in the picture,

now just pull up, theres four clips, one in each corner holding it in. once thats out you should be able to unclip the entire cigarette/ashtray piece by pulling it up and slightly out in the same manner.

2. Now to remove the cargo compartment, at the bottom of it there are two or three screws, remove these, then open the door and grabe both sides, pulling out directly towards you should unclip it. now you have to close the door and you should be able to wiggle it out. put it some where safe for now (it won't be needed till putting everything back)

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Std '03
    hmmmm, i see, but do i really need to do all that just to fix the storage thing? isnt there a simpler way?

maybe not mate..because in order to get a good look at the box (not to mention easier to play around with, you prob need to pull it out..if you are concerned about doing it., take into a honda dealer..
    TEAM YUM CHA DAILY

Quote Originally Posted by Krogoth
    so damn coooool, lol, u mite just 5h1t urself

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro Sport
    Do you have anything in the box? I found a pen (or lanyard) occasionally caught so that I couldn't push the cover in far enough to trigger the release mechanism.

Eventually got it open with a fair deal of force and jiggling / pressing on various parts of the cover.

Member Array
    Car:
    Charmander
    i think that you should take it to a honda dealer, as it may be covered under warranty. if you break anything say goodbye to any chances of warranty.

mm.. do you still have warranty, i just read what MY your car was, so yeah thats my suggestion anyway.

if your warranty has run out, i suggest you get a honda dealer to have a look, as it might only be a spring thats broken or the mechanisim, break the clips or even the glovebox then your gonna end up paying more anyway.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Std '03
    yeah, warranty has run out already, and before i tried taking everything out but it still didnt work. i'll try again today and properly look to see if anythings stuck or if the springs just come loose, if that doesn't work i'll take to dealer

thanks guys

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Take it out and check if the spring mechanism has come off its perch. The compartment cover will still lock and spring open as normal after you take the whole box out of the centre console. So if it still jams when you are testing the box on a table, then the mechanism has a problem.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Brining up old thread ... but NOOOOOOOO!! Tried to open my center console and its stuck!! Can still feel it like normal, but then. just wont pop up. My GPS is stuck in there now. LOL. Any OTHER solutions beside brute force?