Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Luxury
    Symptoms are similar to what I had with my Accent

First check your electrical problem: battery charge/leads/spark plugs. If they are OK, the next most common fault is in the fuel system, with faulty fuel pump being most likely: Turn to key to 'ON' and listen for the fuel pump priming sound, if it is silent, you will need to change the fuel pump.

For emergency start, locate where your fuel pump is located and bang on it with your palm, either on top of the pump or from underneath the car, through the plastic fuel tank. The fuel pump is usually located under the back seat (eg Hyundai Accent) or in the boot (Accord Euro)

I have written up a DIY for fuel filter/pump here. It is for an Accent but may be similar for your car (may need to register to read post):
    http://www.hyundai-forums.com/index....opic=18634&hl=

Member Array
    Car:
    96" VTIR Civic
    It might be your fuel pump

You can check your fuel pump by spraying some type of fuel or carbie/throttle body cleaner, into your intake tubing or straight into your TB. While someone kicks your car over if the car goes to start and runs a little your fuel pump is most probably seen better days.

If you have a intank fuel pump sometimes these can be kicked back into life by banging the fuel tank with a rubber mallet. But its new life may be very limited but can get you out of trouble and maybe save a towing fee.

You can also check your injectors by using a LED inserted into the injector plug. i'm not sure what voltage would be needed for honda injectors maybe someone can help with this? I do know that a 3v LED works in holdens you could try that to start with it flashes your injectors are fine.

Good luck: Darryl

He has told me it is priming - and makes spark (at the spark plugs) so what reason would it stall and not start so suddenly ? Bad coil or igniter unit ?

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    He has told me it is priming - and makes spark (at the spark plugs) so what reason would it stall and not start so suddenly ? Bad coil or igniter unit ?
    if theres spark then coil & icm are working

process of elimination tells me theres something wrong with the fuel... i rex just drain the fuel from the tank drain and just fill up again somewhere reputable

coz the only other things that would stop fuel from flowing that can't be detected with the fuel prime test is a blocked fuel filter or dead spring in the fpr
    Last edited by dsp26; 05-09-2007 at 03:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    spark plugs can cause this problem as well

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO7
    hey guys got my car towed home, been working on it, took off the dizzy cap to realise the plastic bit that rotates has smashed off its shaft, doin a bit of internal damage. replaced it with my other cars dizzy and sweet as now! weird that i still had a bit of spark but??? now if any one has a spare obd2b dizzy they wana sell me feel free to pm me! thanks guys heh

8====D

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    yeah you only get spark on one cylinder in that case, or even multible cylinders but out of timing.