Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 30,000 service

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro manual
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroAccord13 View Post
    Do you think Honda would go and contradict their own recommendations? Highly impossible me thinks...
    As Honda is a technology motivated company they would be aware that oil technology is constantly evolving and would adjust their views accordingly. That owners manual was written some years ago.I would be happy just to know if Honda approve synthetics in general and hopefully be told the parameters to keep in mind.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Adagio View Post
    As Honda is a technology motivated company they would be aware that oil technology is constantly evolving and would adjust their views accordingly. That owners manual was written some years ago.I would be happy just to know if Honda approve synthetics in general and hopefully be told the parameters to keep in mind.
    Honda Australia approves fully synthetic oils. Also, the oil has to be of the correct viscosity and exceeds the quality of their Honda FEO (which is easy, almost all synthetics do).

The owners manual is written for each vehicle. Older CD Accords had the standard oil stated as 10/15w-40 in the manual. The Euro's is 10w-30.

Oil technology improves, but viscosity is viscosity. A fluid that is more viscous will resist flow more than a fluid that is less viscous. No amount of technology will change that without changing the viscosity of the fluid.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro manual

Honda Dealer response OIL

After much mental anguish I phoned my Honda dealer and reminded him of the Penrite Sin5 oil he used during the last service. I said I was prepared to drop the oil today and replace it with 10w-30 if it was necessary. His response was that the Penrite Sin 5 was just a little heavy but leave it in till the next oil change and then go for a lesser viscosity synthetic.

What kind of oil do honda use for a standard 30000km service?

Also, i called around for a quote for 30000km service.
    Dealer gave me 2 options, standard service which is 165$, and a 'premium' service which is $250. With the premium service apparently they use synthetic oil, take off all brake pads and removes dust or something, and top up all fluids.
    Is this a load of crap or like a really 'premium' service?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by insanesam View Post
    What kind of oil do honda use for a standard 30000km service?

Also, i called around for a quote for 30000km service.
    Dealer gave me 2 options, standard service which is 165$, and a 'premium' service which is $250. With the premium service apparently they use synthetic oil, take off all brake pads and removes dust or something, and top up all fluids.
    Is this a load of crap or like a really 'premium' service?
    Do the standard service but bring your own oil. Dealers must do what is stated in the service manual. They can't force you to do extra without your permission. Taking the pads off to remove dust does nothing as the dust comes back when you press the brake pedal for the first time after leaving the dealer.

You should get like $40 off the $165 price if you do the standard service. Bring your fav synthetic oil (motul 8100 5w-40 for me) and the total cost will be only $125+65 = $180.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Euro
    Servicing in the city is depressing. Just had my 30,000km service done in Brisbane. Got 2 quotes, 1st was $217 and the other was $185 so thats what i went with. I decided to ring the country dealership where I used to live to get a quote and it was $120. I can't understand why city dealerships can charge so much more when there is a lot more competition than a country dealer where the closest dealer is 2-3 hours away so they could charge pretty much whatever they wanted too. I know the cost of city living comes into it but it still makes me scratch my head. At least I know i'll be going for a drive to the country for my 40,000km service, the dealer where i got the 30,000km service done told me it would be about $600, i know it's a major service but I don't plan on getting ripped off. Sorry for raving on but I had to get it off my chest

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5 Type R '03
    this saturday, going to Larke Hoskins Rosebery for 30,000km service.
    using my own motul 8100 ecess oil, honda ATF n honda oem brake fluid.
    not sure about price yet. got my euro here but i never had my service there it's like 40min away from me. what r your experience with this dealer? is there shopping center near by to kill some time??
    '03 Integra DC5 Type R

Wakefield Park: 1:13.047 w/ street tyres
    Eastern Creek Int'l Raceway: 1:57.969 w/ street tyres
    Power: 155Kw with Mugen N1 ECU

Member Array
    Car:
    SP20 Skyactiv
    do they change the AT fluid at 30,000kms??????????
    Wanting to find ways of making MILLIONS!

i once walked through the streets of laredo...

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    No, but I'd change AT fluid every 1.5 to 2 years. We followed the regular ATF interval on our old accord and the strainer clogged up, causing accelerated wear and then needed a rebuild.

Member Array
    Car:
    SP20 Skyactiv
    oh ok.. well i think my ATF would be due around feb/march 08 then.. sweet
    Wanting to find ways of making MILLIONS!

i once walked through the streets of laredo...

Quote Originally Posted by BusterSonic12 View Post
    not sure about price yet. got my euro here but i never had my service there it's like 40min away from me. what r your experience with this dealer? is there shopping center near by to kill some time??
    There is nothing to do there... nearest train station is Green $quare $$... you can go to East Garden which is like 10 minutes drive away or SupaCenter which have nothing interesting to see other then ToysRUs

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by BusterSonic12 View Post
    Take a Civic type R for a spin to kill some time.Feed them some BS about wanting to trade the Euro.