Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda CR-X SiR '90

Help! How do I get a wheel bearing for my '90 CR-X SiR Jap import????

Hi guys - I'm a new member here, and I need help figuring out how to get hold of a double row bearing for my front lefthand wheel assembly.

I was getting crazy road noise and figured out that it was a wheel bearing.

After talking to Honda, it sounds as though I need to get the part from Japan (unless the del sol is the same part, which I doubt). The Australian CR-X never had the same parts.

Does anyone know how to order a part like this from Japan, or have any other ideas for how I solve this problem?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    94 CRX
    if you go to honda, you would be able to order it from there and they get it shipped from japan. thats what they did for me when i needed parts.

anyway you can also try HonBits in Smithfield Sydney, cant rememba d number, just search for it on yahoo or google. my friend use to own the same car and they most of the times had the things he was looking for. also try HonToys in smithfield aswell.

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Rather than go to Honda Au who will prolly give you the run-around, try a NZ Honda dealer. That's where I used to get parts for my SiR.

Having said that, I think I used Au 'teg bearings on my front wheels - I'll see if I still have the receipts to find out what they were.
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Honbits - 02 9725 2611
    The CSS Gallery List - Website Submission Made Easier

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    I have found Honda Australia to be extremely helpful on numerous occasions. It's like any franchise; one might be excellent and another totally crap. You could always try another dealer...

Quote Originally Posted by Setanta View Post
    Having said that, I think I used Au 'teg bearings on my front wheels - I'll see if I still have the receipts to find out what they were.
    I think you are right.... sorry I can't confirm but I have a distinct feeling that the front wheel bearing and lower ball joint from DA tegs are identical to the EF8/9.

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX SiR turbo
    where abouts are you located? i went to a bearings place in melb that sold them for about $50 for the fronts.

i dont think ive got box for them anymore, but they were definately diff from the crx si and the gen3 cos i had to return them as they were the wrong size. best option is to take them out and bring them in for measurement.
    NEW hondata s200. Melb only

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    if ureally cant find it let me know i 'll source is straight from japan for u might take a while but heck i get u oem parts damn cheap too
    Team SpeedStar