Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    EKD
    yeah... just comes down to time.. and money.. these days!

Last edited by [stealth]; 04-10-2004 at 01:36 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Falling apart ED
    You are stupid if you dont just go a kit, and I would try keep the current high compression of the h22 rather than going down the road of decompression plates ew.

Yeh you definetly dont have to be smart to put the kit on, its almost all bolt up

Member Array
    Car:
    EKD
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufes1
    You are stupid if you dont just go a kit, and I would try keep the current high compression of the h22 rather than going down the road of decompression plates ew.

Yeh you definetly dont have to be smart to put the kit on, its almost all bolt up
    Well I can't justify spending over $3-4k for a kit.. when I can get all the parts I need for less than that....

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    Exactly right - sometimes, for some more common cars, turbo kits are definitely the way to go, but I am not convinced in this case it would be.

I suggest looking at the kits you can buy from the USA, as well as locally, then compare it to buying everthing separately - go onto honda-tech.com and preludeonline etc and look at buying a used manifold and maybe some piping, then buy everything else you need here

Member Array
    Car:
    EKD
    Cheapest kit I saw.. from U.S was about.. $3000USD... ~ $3.7-3.8kAUD.. without shipping costs added yet.. if they even do that!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1988 Prelude
    hey any one know where i can get a nice spoiler or wing for an 88 prelude?
    and any ideas what would suit it?

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by [stealth]
    Cheapest kit I saw.. from U.S was about.. $3000USD... ~ $3.7-3.8kAUD.. without shipping costs added yet.. if they even do that!
    4 week shipping would be OK - US$100 for something that size

I say look used, and try and pick bits and pieces uyp as you go

Member Array
    Car:
    400HP cd5 Accord
    be prepared to have a few hiccups along the way.
    Watever you think the price is for the project, double it cos it will be more than likely that.
    I recommend that if you want a fast car then just save up for one.
    I started out with a cheapo home made kit about a year ago, didn't last too long and now i'm goin all out. Alot of time and money wasted. i'd go back if i could.

Member Array
    Car:
    Falling apart ED
    Quote Originally Posted by [stealth]
    Yeht that is expensive for a standard kit.

Quote Originally Posted by CHU85
    Watever you think the price is for the project, double it cos it will be more than likely that.
    Of course there will be a few little problems here and there however I hardly think doubling the price is realistic, again you can use weq as a perfect example of how well a kit can perform.