Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    03 Civic Vi EU

Cold Air Intake for 2003 Civic Vi

Hey guyz & gals,

Ive got a 2003 Honda Civic Vi, 1.7L D17A VTEC engine...

im looking at adding some performance to my engine...i was thinking of starting with a Cold AIr Induction...maybe something like a K&N typhoon induction kit...are these kits good?

A mate of mine told me to buy a pod filter and go to an exhaust shop and get the piping made...would it be cheaper?

Does the stock air box actually flow really well, and is it best to just get a highflowing air filter?

what do u guys think & recommend?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3, FD1, FN2R
    hi
    with the civic Vi, there are very little performance mods for it as i used to have one myself. i would agree with your friend to go to a exhaust shop and get a custom pipe one done, because im pretty sure their nothing available for the Vi. with your air box u might aswell take it out becasue imo its actually shit for airflow, it just reduce noise. what i did was bought a K&N panel filter and replaced it witht he stock one, ripped out the airbox and replaced it with a short ram pipe. pretty sure ur engine is a D17Y aswell.
    hope it helps cheers

Hmm i'll probably be getting a kit off ebay soon that replicates the Injen cold air intake kit and i'm just gona swap the pod with a k&n pod.

Ebay it costs about 160 aus. Not really worth getting the typhoon kit imo which is about 450.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...spagenameZWDVW

These guys shud fit our engine bays since its pretty much the same as the US models.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    03 Civic Vi EU
    Quote Originally Posted by bangers178 View Post
    hi
    with the civic Vi, there are very little performance mods for it as i used to have one myself. i would agree with your friend to go to a exhaust shop and get a custom pipe one done, because im pretty sure their nothing available for the Vi. with your air box u might aswell take it out becasue imo its actually shit for airflow, it just reduce noise. what i did was bought a K&N panel filter and replaced it witht he stock one, ripped out the airbox and replaced it with a short ram pipe. pretty sure ur engine is a D17Y aswell.
    hope it helps cheers
    Cheers for that Bangers! I think i will do just that...get the panel filter and get a ram pipe made from an exhaust shop...be heaps cheaper than a k&n typhoon kit, they cost around $420...

Thanks for the advice...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    03 Civic Vi EU
    Quote Originally Posted by clem View Post
    Hmm i'll probably be getting a kit off ebay soon that replicates the Injen cold air intake kit and i'm just gona swap the pod with a k&n pod.

Ebay it costs about 160 aus. Not really worth getting the typhoon kit imo which is about 450.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...spagenameZWDVW

These guys shud fit our engine bays since its pretty much the same as the US models.

Cool man, if you get it, let me know how you go with it and if it fits and all that jazz..

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3, FD1, FN2R
    yeah no problems mate.
    what rims do u have on ur car? looks good

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    03 Civic Vi EU
    Quote Originally Posted by bangers178 View Post
    yeah no problems mate.
    what rims do u have on ur car? looks good
    They are 18"x7.5" Gestalt Virouge GV-2...i really like them and suit the car really well!

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3, FD1, FN2R
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000338.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	6945yeah i use to have 18' lowenharts LDR. they suited the car good.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    03 Civic Vi EU
    looks nice man

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    03 Civic Vi EU
    i went to autobarn today re CAI kit for my car & the reckons if i get a pipe made from an exhaust shop (as they use stainless steel) it will absorb the heat and wont have a good flow through it...

is this right? he was saying something along the lines of getting a pipe made from aluminum what they use intercooler piping for as it breathes better...

DBG Krogoth Array
    Car:
    M35
    use PVC pipe, ghetto style...just like mine...it didn't get hot at all...el cheapo, costs less than $100 with K&N pod
    Team Yum Cha Daily

DBG - A New Revolution in Car Modding

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    03 Civic Vi EU
    want something that will flow well but also look good.