Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    '99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by JINRAI
    Really come on...what do you mean its not an ITR?! What is it then!?!?
    The Aussie spec DC5 R is actually a RSX (USDM specs) not ITR (JDM specs). Softer suspension and not as much power for a start.

It's a piss-poor cousin to the real R. Once again Honda Australia gypped its enthusiast market.
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

it would be sick if they did make it out here...
    WDM. World Domestic Market.

Subaru y0!

Member Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Quote Originally Posted by Setanta
    The Aussie spec DC5 R is actually a RSX (USDM specs) not ITR (JDM specs). Softer suspension and not as much power for a start.

It's a piss-poor cousin to the real R. Once again Honda Australia gypped its enthusiast market.
    too tired to keep this going...but callin it a piss-poor cousin is abit harsh considerin is you're drivin an EF
    arrowz
    SiR

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by JINRAI
    too tired to keep this going...but callin it a piss-poor cousin is abit harsh considerin is you're drivin an EF
    Oh waaaa... did the little man get his feelings hurt and have to resort to put-downs?

I'm hurt and your argument is obviously so superior to mine

Actually, in it's time, my car was the top model of the Civic range in Japan, It's genuine and not some watered-down wannabe. I like it. That's all that matters to me. Your opinion on the other hand, means less to me than belly-button lint. Go cry somewhere else plz.

Cliff's notes: Aussie DC5 is not comperable to it's JDM spec relative, my car > you (regardless of what you drive) due to it having class and you having none.

Have a nice day
    Last edited by Setanta; 27-08-2004 at 11:50 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    JINRAI - I suggest you start another thread to argue/debate. I clicked on this topic to find out news about the CTR coming down under...not a debate about DC5s...in other words...Can we get back to the topic?

Member Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Quote Originally Posted by Setanta
    Oh waaaa... did the little man get his feelings hurt and have to resort to put-downs?

I'm hurt and your argument is obviously so superior to mine

Actually, in it's time, my car was the top model of the Civic range in Japan, It's genuine and not some watered-down wannabe. I like it. That's all that matters to me. Your opinion on the other hand, means less to me than belly-button lint. Go cry somewhere else plz.

Cliff's notes: Aussie DC5 is not comperable to it's JDM spec relative, my car > you (regardless of what you drive) due to it having class and you having none.

Have a nice day
    Lol Well talking about class and all...you crack me up...first of all don't bag somethin you probably can't afford and to say the Aus-Spec DC5R is not genuine shows the sort of mentality you have...

Keepin' fingers crossed for the CTR to be available here but don't think it will
    arrowz
    SiR

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    /me snickers

I've been working for 19 years now, I guess I just might be able to afford one. Then again, I have priorities such as a family etc which come before having a RSX with a pretty Type R badge on it

Besides, the DC5 is ugly - along with most modern Hondas

As for the CTR - Honda Aust has said no as there is "no market". SEVs is it. As was the point of my original post which obviously hurt your pride in the DC5, I restate: We have always got watered down varients of every Honda. Why would Honda Au change?

Hmmm... maybe the NSX is the exception, I don't know the JDM/Au spec differences.

Member Array
    Car:

re

if they got the EP3 in here,then should not be so many Corolla Sprotivo in the street now......

Member Array
    Car:
    1974 civic
    why would they stop bringing the ITR to oz and start with the civic?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    I agree.

Honda are trying to kill of the 'R' brand overall. They want to lose their 'performance' moniker and get into the boring old fuddy duddy market.

When I purchased my euro in early august, I was told that there was only 1 brand new current shape type r for sale and thats it. No more.

Civic Type R to Australia... HA! Yeah right.

F**king Honda! You could kill them but at the end of the day love them at the same time.

Member Array
    Car:
    4thGen Civic GL
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic Si
    Spoke to someone tonite and he 's pretty confident that da Civic Type R is coming down under! :|
    Sez that it's coming out around Oct?
    Can someone please confirm this rumour?
    Think K20A in a lighter body....! :nod:
    October 'tis. CTR 'tis not.
    I guess we could confirm it was just a rumour. As WE'd know by now, wouldn't we ?

i actually don't mind the fact that Honda Oz might not have a enthusiast market for some years to come.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Honda Australia is a bit sad... Even the JDM 2.4 litre Accord Euro has 147kW instead of our pissy 140kW.. I guess HA decided to use a detuned K24 so that Integra sales would not be affected. Bad idea.... The Euro and Integra markets are vastly different. Even ITR and CTR, those who like coupe would NEVER get a hatch, while those who prefer the space of the hatch would never get a coupe.