Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    3S-GE comes mounted longitudinally. It'll be a pain putting everything together and finding a gearbox which fits the transverse engine bay of the Celica.
    I think you're referring to the altezza. The redtop was in mr2 and celica st20x.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by hunghing View Post
    I think you're referring to the altezza. The redtop was in mr2 and celica st20x.
    Ahh, yes. But the ST202 one is a 173hp engine. Not really in the same league as the K20A.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Buy a HONDA...............

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Nothing wrong with Toyotas.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    do it
    anything is possible with $$

Member Array
    Car:
    EK9
    Go private import a Corolla blade master.

No one will dare to fool around with you no more.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM B18CR
    Hmmm haven't thought how much im gonna put in....But if B18c or K20a fits then yeah it doesnt matter how much it cost or should I just sell my car and get an ITR?

Ahh, yes. But the ST202 one is a 173hp engine. Not really in the same league as the K20A.
    I think you're talking about the gen3 3sge. Beams celicas/mr2s are pretty rare. The beams 3sge is rated at 200ps with 21kgm. I think that is on par with the k20 stock for stock.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I think you're talking about the gen3 3sge. Beams celicas/mr2s are pretty rare. The beams 3sge is rated at 200ps with 21kgm. I think that is on par with the k20 stock for stock.
    You do know that BEAMS means that it has the newer ECU and electronic throttle, right? Even the old 1.5 Echo had a BEAMS engine.

I'm talking about the 3S-GE in the ST202, rated for 200ps. The newer ones only came in the MR2 (VVTi) and RS200 (dual-VVTi), both of which need some work to fit into a Celica.
    Last edited by aaronng; 22-09-2007 at 01:43 AM.

You do know that BEAMS means that it has the newer ECU and electronic throttle, right? Even the old 1.5 Echo had a BEAMS engine.
    I don't think we're talking about the same thing then. Beams is just an acronym given to gen4 3sge engines. The valve cover has 'beams' printed across it.

Member Array
    Car:
    EJ8 Civic Coupe
    2zzge engine would be your best bet, if you want to stay non-turbo.
    It has lift, similiar to vtec produces similiar power to b18c7 type r engine.

Best bet would be toyota forum mate.
    If you want turbo as advised go for 3sgte.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I don't think we're talking about the same thing then. Beams is just an acronym given to gen4 3sge engines. The valve cover has 'beams' printed across it.
    Yes, and that "BEAMS" means that. People use the word like it is some specially tuned version of the 3S-GE, but when in fact it is just a term for the new ECU and electronic throttle. New engines are also "beams" but it is not printed on the engine cover.