Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Type R

Gearbox mounting problem

I changed my lower gearbox mount today coz the old was running out and some funny noise when i change gear and turn around.....but after i change it, the noise is still there....as i found the pin on the gearbox to connect into the mount is too skinny...thats the issue of the noise i think.

Anyone knows that if there is any rubber thing or bush should on the gearbox pin?? and what can i do to fix this problem?

The car is EG civic and the mount the 2000 DC2R, they are the same.

thx!!

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    so you changed the driver side torque mount?

you say funny noise when you turn around which leads me to believe something might be funky with the cv joint

can you describe the noise?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Type R
    cv joint is fine,i checked with my mechanic....as i said there are some space btween the gearbox pin and the mount, the pin is too skinny, try to make some rubber thing around the pin and fill up the space.
    the noise is like knocking noise - DONG DONG DONG

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    afaik the space there isn't anything to worry about
    how are the other mounts looking? i.e. passenger torque and top mount, rear mount

i had a busted passenger top mount before which let the engine move up and down making the knocking sound and axel tramping

does the knocking sound start in neutral? at friction point? while cruising? clutch engaged or disengaged?
    also while turning at any angle? full lock left or right? back or forth?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Type R
    the knocking sound happen when the clutch engaged and up to change gear sometimes and usually when i turn right at 45C to turn around and when i go straight or while crusing, no noise at all.....if the sound from the space....dont have to worry? it's very loud

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    no idea what its causing then when its constantly knocking, i would have suspected a different worn mount but apparently its not

i meant the space shouldn't be a worry because it shouldn't be causing the sound, mine isn't

i guess all you can do is get your mech to diagnose it, probably the best way to do it unless someone else has another suggestion here

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Type R
    thank u, and want to hear some more....