Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Finally new wheels coming

Hi,

It took me ages to pick the right wheels for my silver Euro and I finally made up my mind. >>> Advanti - Medusa <<< Now I am tossing btw 17" and 18" sizes. I am concerned that 18" would be uncomfortable. Also dont know if I should go 7.5 or 8 with the width and where to get them from in Sydney ? Any sugestions?

Cheers

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2007 FN2R
    If i were you i would go the 18s. I have 19s and to personally i think it drive great and is not uncomfortable. 7.5 or 8 wide, you probably wouldnt notice any difference. Have you tried tempetyres.com.au ?

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Civic Sport
    my mate has 19's on his euro... its fine. remember cars have drastically increased in size from say 10 years ago, so if 17 inch was the norm back then, 19 inch is about the norm now... commodores even have the option of 20's from factory, so bigger wheels arent necessarily as bad as they used to be, the wheel arches and other bits can accomodate it much better also!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherweeeny View Post
    my mate has 19's on his euro... its fine. remember cars have drastically increased in size from say 10 years ago, so if 17 inch was the norm back then, 19 inch is about the norm now... commodores even have the option of 20's from factory, so bigger wheels arent necessarily as bad as they used to be, the wheel arches and other bits can accomodate it much better also!
    That's a bad generalisation. It depends on the stock rolling diameter. On an Euro with stock 205/55 R16 rolling diameter is much smaller than a Commodore Omega with its 225/60 R16. Eventhough both are 16", the Commodore has a much larger rolling diameter. So it can go for larger sizes like 19" and 20" rims while staying more comfortable than the Euro because the sidewall height is larger.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

I know places in Sydney that have those rims, PM me if you need assistance.
    '12 PWP Tree Hugging Machine
    '99 GPW S2000
    '99 CW DC2R

go 20"s brutha! if you get 19"s your gunna want 20"

i have 20" and i think they are too small lol i have other people say im bullshittin when i say there 20"s lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003
    nice choice of wheels how much are they for 18's?
    Quote Originally Posted by kazam View Post
    lol give him a break, this is after all a forum and not just a giant search engine.. what are we gunna do when evry topic has been covered? disable posting and just have the search button there?

Cost

I think they are $1200 for 17" or $1600 for 18" with tyres.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EK1 Sedan
    $1600 for 18's!!!
    i got the medusa's on my ek civic hatch about a year and a half a go when they first came out for $1700 for 16's! and that was only because i wanted keen on payin an extra $500 to upgrade to 17's!

mine definetely look too small in the wheel arch
    18's for sure on the euro but, can't wait to see it!

Check this out

I had a quick look on google and found these guys selling 17" with tyres for $1050 which I think is reasonable.

http://www.aaatyrefactory.com.au/pac...rice&order=asc

What is ideal offset I should be aiming for?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro
    offset should be +45......but i think +40 would fit as well

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by snajper View Post
    I had a quick look on google and found these guys selling 17" with tyres for $1050 which I think is reasonable.

http://www.aaatyrefactory.com.au/pac...rice&order=asc

What is ideal offset I should be aiming for?
    I would be worried about what tyres they are putting on for that price.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.