Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra 01

How do get the unit running again?

Hey, I recently removed my head unit and cut the power (Yellow cable) and the black cable (Earth) and a spark came out... I found a fuse that was broken and replaced it but it still does not work. I own a Honda Integra 91. I think theres another fuse somewhere but ive checked the fuses under the drivers side and under the bonnet. I was wondering if anyone had any problems like this and how did they fix it. Also, some other electrical stuff doesnt work aswell, such as the light when you open doors, is suppose to turn on doesnt and when u switch on the lights in the passengers place .. it doesnt turn on

Cheers~!
    Last edited by kindra; 08-10-2007 at 06:17 PM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    When you cut both wires together at once, you caused a short. Use a test light to confirm that you have power to the yellow wire. Also check that the black wire has continuity to ground. If there is no power, then you should check the fuses again.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra 01
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    When you cut both wires together at once, you caused a short. Use a test light to confirm that you have power to the yellow wire. Also check that the black wire has continuity to ground. If there is no power, then you should check the fuses again.
    I can tell powers going through because the Head unit turns on and off on and off... and the fuses.. ive checked them all yet still doesn't work.. i think theres another fuse somewhere but i dont know where...

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    The interior lights also have their own fuse. Check that one.

As for your headunit, if it is turning on but then cutting off, check the headunit itself. Also use a tester to see if the power coming through the yellow wire is constant.

U GOT A FUSE PROBLEM~!! simple...

first of all check the fuse on the actual unit, the head unit, replace if nesscary yes decks have their own fuse
    2 if problem still persist, use light tester, ground it to the key(ingition barel) and test if powers flowing through
    if not check fuses in box kick panel and engine bay.
    check u didnt cut the red acc wire eaither
    if problem still occurs then run a new wire. simple.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Not that simple, his interior lights are not working too. So something or a fuse before the fuses for the headunit and the lights, has blown.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra 01
    Its very very very wierd. I thought the same thing as you guys, but its not.. I've check all the fuses at the kick box and the engine bay but still doesnt work.. The light for opening doors does not work either, when i turn them on, the dash board for the boot glows red LOL!. soo that doesnt seem right.. When i turn the CD player on it turns off and keeps resetting its self. and for a split second the dash board light for the boot turns red. I think it may be a wiring problem, or perhaps theres a fuse hidden somewhere that I need to change..

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Did you connect it to the proper ground wire?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra 01

Red face

lol yeah, it was working before and my friend wanted to try his head unit out on my car soo we decided to cut the wires without taking one of the terminals out. Then a shock happened and found one fuse broken. I replaced it and connected the wires back to normal. Yet whole things screwed lol.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Try your friend's headunit in your car again and see if it works without resetting itself. If it works fine, then your headunit has shorted out.

Member Array
    Car:
    Guess?
    i had this problem aswell in my CRV. none of my electronics worked. ended up being a few fuses that were blown. use a light tester and test all the fuses inside the car aswell as the ones in ur fuse box under the bonnet.