is ther no hook turn sign were cris is doing hook turns? lol
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

.....an era has ended.....RIP YF dc2^3

"I do apologise for what must seem like an arbitrary imposition"

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord
    I have left the habit of coasting downhill on neutral, but I still can't get out of the habit of putting it in neutral when I slow towards the red light.
    Someone please PQ me so I can earn 'Member' status lol

It seems unanimous that most beleive you save petrol by keeping it in gear, but somehow, trip computer seems to disagree. I travel the same route every day. Decided to leave it in gear where I normally wouldn't. After a couple days my fuel consuption is 9.3 up from 7.8.

Also regarding hand brake/foot break, I'm pretty sure I was taught hand brake start for a reason.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra dc-02
    your trip computer is wrong. OKOK unless your car defies the laws of physics

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra dc-02
    And also, if you'd pay attention to your instructor, you use handbrake when your up a hill, otherwise footbrake that sh*t

Quote Originally Posted by power_of_dreams View Post
    It seems unanimous that most beleive you save petrol by keeping it in gear, but somehow, trip computer seems to disagree. I travel the same route every day. Decided to leave it in gear where I normally wouldn't. After a couple days my fuel consuption is 9.3 up from 7.8.
    hmmm, i'm not sure that is a terribly accurate test methodology?
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Quote Originally Posted by power_of_dreams View Post

Also regarding hand brake/foot break, I'm pretty sure I was taught hand brake start for a reason.
    thats because the trip computer doesn't take into account injector duty cycle. it only takes into account RPM and pays no notice to load on the engine.

You'll find taht you'll still get the same amount of k's out of a tank no matter which way you do it (unless you drive down hill for 400km's striahg lol).

Either way, fuel consumption should be the last thing on your mind. i'd be more concerned about vehicle control.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Since when did we talk about getting hit from behind? That's a totally different situation.
    well, since page one actually:

Quote Originally Posted by blk_shadow View Post
    even the law said, when you are stopping either on a red light or not. its best to put into first gear. just in case someone hit you from the back and doesn't let your car roll into the middle of the street.
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    well, since page one actually:
    Oops, I missed that. Anyway, I went throught he road rules for NSW and VIC and I still can't find the rule where you have to be in gear with the clutch in.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

there isnt one about when being stationary.
    B20VTEC - since 2002

as said previously its just a guidline in the learners book. ie. good practice to do so.

Banned Array
    Car:
    Suabaru > Honda
    yeah i remember as learner. you always gotta clutch in, never put in neutral at lights.