Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Js Racing Time Attack DC5
    Got the Fujitsubo PG and Injen CAI fitted today. I can't believe the difference it has made. The car isn't so much faster now, but it breathes soooo much better. It's as though beforehand it was running a marathon with a sock in it's mouth before. Throttle response has improved to the point that it feels like a different car. The PG is nice without being overly loud. The CAI is the dominant force on the car now. I knew they got loud, but this is just crazy. It now sounds like a real VTEC.

TODA headers fitted next Thursday. Then over to Shift for Tein Flex coilovers and Rays TE37s. Will post pics once fitted.

So excited, it's like I got a new car all over again. Anyone who doesn't do these mods to their ITR isn't experiencing it at all.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK9
    Quote Originally Posted by m0nty ITR View Post
    Got the Fujitsubo PG and Injen CAI fitted today. I can't believe the difference it has made. The car isn't so much faster now, but it breathes soooo much better. It's as though beforehand it was running a marathon with a sock in it's mouth before. Throttle response has improved to the point that it feels like a different car. The PG is nice without being overly loud. The CAI is the dominant force on the car now. I knew they got loud, but this is just crazy. It now sounds like a real VTEC.

TODA headers fitted next Thursday. Then over to Shift for Tein Flex coilovers and Rays TE37s. Will post pics once fitted.

So excited, it's like I got a new car all over again. Anyone who doesn't do these mods to their ITR isn't experiencing it at all.
    Nice ride.

You will get much more power out of your Toda headers than any sort of CAI. CAI is more of a combo of roar sound plus very sliiiiiiiight performance increase (if any at all) Personally, I think the stock airbox for the K-series is already very good.

I also got TODA headers and also fitting next thursday, LOL.

Member Array
    Car:
    Yeah, the CAI was just to complete the package. Nice throttle response as I mentioned. Car also gets alot more looks when throttle is opened up.

Member Array
    Car:
    Got the TE37s fitted today and the Tein's tuned. The car feels amazing to drive and looks hot.

I'll take some better pics tomorrow.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    Hey monty
    You're car looks FFFFAAAARRRRKKKING HOT
    Well done, great example of an TYPE R

Member Array
    Car:
    Haven't been on for a while but i Thought I'd update the mods list.

Picking up my new ARC 36mm radiator, GReddy catch can and oil cooler, Cusco rear strut brace tomorrow. Got Samco hoses to be fitted along with the radiator. Fitted a JDM spark plug cover to complete the engine bay look.

Ordered an INGS carbon bonnet like the one below.

Will probably go with Cusco sway bars and nolathane bushes. OEM clutch is still fantastic. Will need a camber kit for the rear as current height gives excessive negative for the road.

Next round of mods I'm a little confused as to what to do. Still waiting on the AP Racing rotors which have taken forever to arrive. Looking for a combination of cams and 2200cc stroker kit with ECU. Thought about a TODA/Autronic combination complete with quad throttle bodies and larger race cams.

Any advice would be great.

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5R
    wow ur not wasting any time, oohh stroker kit, ITB's and cams fark that would be sweet, costly but sweet.

Member Array
    Car:
    Just ordered a Mugen thermostat and Sparco suede racing wheel. Now to find a boss kit. Anyone know if I'll need to have the airbag light reset by Honda?

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5R
    i think u need more than the ligth reset, i cant recall exactly what u need, but u need to put something across the connector to prevent the light being on.

i think some of the boss kits come with the bits u need to fix it, maybe look into the spoon ones.

Banned Array
    Car:
    EH9
    wow nice car! havent seen u around for a while! fix your pics on page 1!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Getting the J's Racing aero kit complete with Voltex!!!!!!! rear wing too. Car wioll cop a full CW paint job before Feb next year before being deregistered and turned into complete track car. Kit comes complete with full canards, splitters and difussers. So very badass.

Here's some pics.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Corolla G
    oooooooh , definately keep us updated.