Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    Quote Originally Posted by steve88 View Post
    u kidding, i wont even get $300 for my rims they're crap, nobody buys chromies
    that's why he is suggesting to get rid of them lmfao
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    Car:
    shooting star
    i stuffed up my DIY for spraying my rims white... im so cut.. make sure you do let them dry and come back to spray them.. dont be in a rush cause the suns going down like i was.. so blochy! FAROUT!! I WANT TO CRY.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Quote Originally Posted by panda[cRx] View Post
    that's why he is suggesting to get rid of them lmfao
    man my limit is about $500-$600 to get some 17" average condition rims, i dont mind if its been dinted a bit but nobodys willing too let go of the type of rims im after (spoked, 5-8 star spoked) rims for that much

Member Array
    Car:
    shooting star
    LOL, i got spoked 8 =P im getting red H decals in the middle of the rims. LOL OH SNAP i would sell to you but not for that less. LOL soz. =)

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    id rather do my rims black, and see how they turn out. my mate spent $2k on brand new rims 17" lightweight racing, they look ****ing great but id have a benchmark.. i mean ill prob chuck em out once the rubbers worn out anyway might as well

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    UPDATE So i did the rims finally with some $3 matt black spray paint, did a half assed job to see how black would look:
    prepp'ed the surface with 80 grit sand paper (not coarse enough). cleaned it several times over with spray bottle + warm detergent and turps. didnt bother sanding between coats (you should, adhere's better)

prepped + light coat of black spray paint:

5-6 coats later: should of used a dark grey primer =/:

on the car, looks ok. bit boring imo.

black vs chrome.
    i think "metallic charcoal" is the way 2 go picked some of that up + grey primer + 60 grit sand paper. for anyone doing rims, too get your primer/paint to stick on nicely you're gonna need some coarse as hell sandpaper.
    Last edited by steve88; 21-10-2007 at 04:51 PM.

hmm i dont think those style wheels suit the matt black look.. i think you sohuld stick to chrome or shadowchrome gray? but thats just my opinion

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    i got "metallic charcoal" that basically is gunmetal grey, not AS dark though, its a hint lighter. but its very metallic. i think matt just doesn't go with my car. the chromies are too shiny, and matt is too boring unless i had spoked rims imo.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    gonna polish them tonight tell u guys howit goes

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Good work mate. Not my kinda thing though... for some reason, it comes off looking like steel wheels when I first saw the pic above.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5, ae86
    Just thought I'd add. Went for the black look too lol. The rims had gutter damage so got sanding & used de-greaser to clean. Colour: Gloss Matte Black

Advice: Don't spray the primer near another car, I left grey specs on my sisters baleno, anyone know how to get that off the paintwork?

Member Array
    Car:
    MY08 WRX G3
    tried using mineral turpine to get off the primer? patch test it first though~