Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude View Post
    The Yoko C-Drives are good but I want to try another tyre this time.

What I want is a tyre that has strong walls (so the tyres dont wobble/shift around corners), but not too harsh on the road (due to the euro's sporty suspension), and that can handle quick cornering.

Yoko V550? http://www.yokohama.com.au/ourtyres/tyre.aspx?tyreid=64
    Michelin Pilot Primacy? http://www.michelin.com.au/tyres/pas...lotPrimacy.asp
    You contradict yourself. You say you want stiff sidewalls, yet you post links to the 2 tyres with soft sidewalls. LOL. Go try the S.drive or RE001.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro Sport
    Going good with my C-Drives at the moment, having driven them 5000km (Had my REO40's 17" replaced at 33000km).

Happy to recommend them. They grip almost as well as the Potenza's in the dry but really hold their own in the wet. $1100 for the set of four including alignment/balancing. And I find them quieter and more refined than the stock Potenza's too.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    $1100 is pretty pricey..

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    You contradict yourself. You say you want stiff sidewalls, yet you post links to the 2 tyres with soft sidewalls. LOL. Go try the S.drive or RE001.
    lol. how can u tell the walls are not stiff?
    S-Drives are sportier than the C-Drives. I want something that performs like the CDrives but are a bit less harsh over bumps etc.
    The RE001's are a high performance tyre, probably too hard on the road.

Perhaps I'll just get teh C-Drives again lolz. They are damn good tyres after all
    .© ♪

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    S-Drives are sportier than the C-Drives. I want something that performs like the CDrives but are a bit less harsh over bumps etc.

Perhaps I'll just get teh C-Drives again lolz. They are damn good tyres after all
    The V550 is part of the dBs range, which are designed for low noise and comfort at a good price, hence softer sidewalls. Same with the Pilot Premacy.

S-Drive is not necessarily sportier. The difference between the C and S drive, is that the C.Drive is designed to be safer in the wet, while the S.Drive sacrifices wet grip for more dry grip. Both probably have the same sidewall design.

Go ride in an Euro with RE001 first and see how you like it. I rode in Mugen88's Euro which has S.Drives and they are as quiet as the C.Drives on my Astra.

Also, being high performance doesn't mean that they are hard on the road. look at the tyres on the AMG Mercs. They are high performance but more comfortable than most of the tyres that we talk about. These tyres which include the very nice ContisportContact2 give you performance, low noise and comfort, at the sacrifice of a high price.
    Last edited by aaronng; 25-10-2007 at 06:51 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    The V550 is part of the dBs range, which are designed for low noise and comfort at a good price, hence softer sidewalls. Same with the Pilot Premacy.

S-Drive is not necessarily sportier. The difference between the C and S drive, is that the C.Drive is designed to be safer in the wet, while the S.Drive sacrifices wet grip for more dry grip. Both probably have the same sidewall design.

Go ride in an Euro with RE001 first and see how you like it. I rode in Mugen88's Euro which has S.Drives and they are as quiet as the C.Drives on my Astra.

Also, being high performance doesn't mean that they are hard on the road. look at the tyres on the AMG Mercs. They are high performance but more comfortable than most of the tyres that we talk about. These tyres which include the very nice ContisportContact2 give you performance, low noise and comfort, at the sacrifice of a high price.
    I can get Conti Sport contact 2s for $330 each fitted,balanced,not bad price!!!Also i hear good things about Dunlop Sport Maxx as well(made in Germany)not sure on price though.Anyone here have them fitted?Opinions,feedback?

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    Michelin Preceda

Very comfortable ride, quieter than most and sensational grip despite the non aggressive thread pattern.

Unlike most tyres, their grip drop off over time is less significant and doesn't become noisy when the tread wears down.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Sport (MY06)
    I replaced my Potenza's at 66,000km due to a puncture (mostly freeway driving). I now have the Maxxis MA-Z1 Victra from BobJane. They're about $100 cheaper (i was quoted ~$350 for the Potenza), and apparently similar performance/quality (wheels mag rated them 3rd overall some time back, don't have a link sorry).

I've done about 11,000km with the MA-Z1 now, and i have had no problems. I haven't noticed any less grip and the noise appears to be slightly less (i have the stereo down a couple of notches now, so either the tyres are quieter or my hearing has improved!).

I reckon they're alright, plus the tread looks wickiiid!: http://www.maxxis.com/products/autom...il.asp?id=5456
    Last edited by rhettzor; 26-10-2007 at 11:35 AM.
    Isn't it nice when things just work!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Potenza RE040s are expensive because they are used as OEM tyres. Same for the Dunlop SP2050m that come on the base model. I got quoted $270 for those crappy Dunlops. C.Drives were only $200. If you want 225/40 R17 at a low price, look at Dunlop SP3000A. They were about $210 (saw it in a Bob Jane flyer)

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 Lux 5AT
    I recently bought an Adrenalin RE001. I called quite a few places and the average price was around the $330 mark. I ended up finding one Bridgestone tyre centre that quoted me $284, so my advice is to shop around.

Member Array
    Car:
    Not a Honda

RE001 is damn soft

Member Array
    Car:
    Not a Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one View Post
    I recently bought an Adrenalin RE001. I called quite a few places and the average price was around the $330 mark. I ended up finding one Bridgestone tyre centre that quoted me $284, so my advice is to shop around.
    are you serious? for 17'? my frd got a set for his rx8 for $300 for his stock 18'. Even mine with 265/35/18 at the rear cost me $350 only.