Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brake fluid ~

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    castrol response super DOT 4

very reasonably priced and widely avail at supercheap auto and repco etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    くろR
    i'm using rbf600... but chris at centrax told me that oil is not good for my car i dunno why?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R

huh?
    1:14.5640 Stock DC2R - Wakefield Park

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5R
    i'm using rbf600

about 30 dollars per 500ml

rbf700 is coming out soon.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by mku01 View Post
    i'm using rbf600... but chris at centrax told me that oil is not good for my car i dunno why?
    Depends on the car, but RBF600 can swell the seals if you use it for long durations. It's great if you put it in a few weeks before a track day and then change it back to OEM fluid after.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Quote Originally Posted by EG30 View Post
    castrol response super DOT 4
    This isn't a bad fluid..... however... I've heated it up in the past and had fluid fade so don't want to risk it again.

I've had Chris from centrax say the same thing to me in the past about the motul fluid. Apparently there was an issue with the motul fluid a few years back so he is right about that bulletin that went out about it.

Again.... I've used it for the last 3-4 years no issues, the one time I changed if over to the castrol fluid above....boiled it.

In fairness.... it was at the track last year that it happened, but that was after 1 session and the first lap out of the pits on the 2nd session. So the brakes where not that hot.
    Last edited by SPEEDCORE; 27-10-2007 at 04:36 PM.
    DLUG Racing

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by SPEEDCORE View Post
    This isn't a bad fluid..... however... I've heated it up in the past and had fluid fade so don't want to risk it again.

I've had Chris from centrax say the same thing to me in the past about the motul fluid. Apparently there was an issue with the motul fluid a few years back so he is right about that bulletin that went out about it.

Again.... I've used it for the last 3-4 years no issues, the one time I changed if over to the castrol fluid above....boiled it.

In fairness.... it was at the track last year that it happened, but that was after 1 session and the first lap out of the pits on the 2nd session. So the brakes where not that hot.
    Yup, it's a good street brake fluid. But not for track. When you compare the boiling points of the Castrol Super Response DOT4 and Motul RBF600, it's no comparison:

Castrol SR DOT4,
    Dry: 280ºC
    Wet: 186ºC

Motul RBF600,
    Dry: 312ºC
    Wet: 216ºC

That's a 30ºC advantage in both wet and dry, and it's also amazing that RBF600 being a DOT4 fluid actually has higher boiling points than a DOT5.1 fluid!

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Yup, it's a good street brake fluid. But not for track. When you compare the boiling points of the Castrol Super Response DOT4 and Motul RBF600, it's no comparison:

Castrol SR DOT4,
    Dry: 280ºC
    Wet: 186ºC

Motul RBF600,
    Dry: 312ºC
    Wet: 216ºC

That's a 30ºC advantage in both wet and dry, and it's also amazing that RBF600 being a DOT4 fluid actually has higher boiling points than a DOT5.1 fluid!
    Castrol used to make the GP600 Dot 4 brake fluid for street/track...

Dry: 310
    Wet: 216

so comparable to the Motul, but unfortunately they don't make it anymore!
    blah blah blah

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    i got some Elf stuff from Vracing.. will let you all know how it goes with the DS2500 and slotted rotors when i get out ot the track in a few weeks

Member Array
    Car:
    ep3r
    i use ferodo dot 5.1

its hard to find dot3 stuff nemore...no need to try looking neway lol

in general castrol make excellent brake fluids...their SRF the bee's knees...

so dot4 or dot5.1...just make sure you don't use dot5...its silicon based...and the only modernish cars that use them are like citroens

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Between DOT4 and DOT5.1, the difference is the viscosity. DOT5.1's viscosity is much lower than DOT4 and can cause leaks in some systems. That is why RBF600 is still a DOT4 and not a DOT5.1, its viscosity is closer to that of a DOT4, while the boiling temps are that of a DOT5.1.