Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    as it turns out, the rear pads are the same as the DC5R, as EDW-R said above... Vsport are delivering them straight there now as a straight swap...

Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    Initial thoughts on the pads... very very nice... when i got them, my mechanic had already done the primarybed in, but told me to take it easy for the first 100kms.

On the way home i was a bit concerned as the pedal was spongey and it didnt give me the instant confidence i was used too with the OEM pads.

However, as they warmed up and i got closer to home, i started to feel how responsive they were, and the actual stopping power was much improved.

I havent heard any squeal, or any noisiness at all, as far as im concerned i didnt buy my car to enjoy classical music, so its pretty noisey already. But having said that the only noise i heard was that slight shuddering noise as your coming to a complete stop when travelling slow, kinda like they were glazed, and that was late at night on my way home.

I havent given them much yet, but i can already tell that they are going to be awesome on the track, cant wait to get out there!

The discs look great, even though the OEM ones weren't warped as it turns out, so i'll just flog them later, and see how the car feels on the track with the discs, and also report on the ELF brake fluid

All in all, i think they are a great thing thus far, and also Tony from Vsport was a geat guy to deal with, he delivered the pads to my mechnic personally, and when he discovered the rears were the wrong ones, he had the right ones to my mechanic within 2 hours, personally delivered.

Good trader, great price, great products.

Stay tuned

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    hey, do you have the pad numbers for the dc2r?

I'm bound for a pad change soon too..
    1:14.5640 Stock DC2R - Wakefield Park

Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    mate i think it was 1206 as per the bendix catalogue.

However, i do know for a fact that it is the same rear pad as a DC5, and you may find it easier to get the code for the DC5 than the DC2R

Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    Just an update... goddamn these pads are dusty!!!

ive done 100kms now, and theres more dust on them than i had seen on my rims EVER

now that they have been on there a while though i had a chance to really give it a good hit of the brakes, and i am certainly very very impressed.

I cant help but think that the stiffer rates of the new N+ coils i got today are making the brakes more effective though, because there was much less dive. I still recommend the pads though, the dust is a small price to pay for excellent braking performance