Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    eh Si D series
    bro you in sydney there is a b18c with 80000km on it half cut for sale in syd for 2900. at just jap i think i have the numbner and stuff if you want it.

Member Array
    Behind the wheel of my car, cruising the hills of adelaide
    Car:
    ED6 Civic
    as far as i know there are different variants of the b18c, all making different amounts of power. you might want to look into that first, as some of them produce power equivalent to a b16a, at which point, you would have to decide on whether to get a slightly lighter motor or a slightly torquey-er motor.

its cheaper and probably better power-wise to turbo it. get an ebay turbo kit for all the basic piping and manifold hardware, and then just get a better turbo, cooler, etc.
    Current Performance Modifications to ED6:
    not telling, but it involves a semi-quad carb setup, and lots and lots of compression.

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    Quote Originally Posted by SeverAMV View Post
    as far as i know there are different variants of the b18c, all making different amounts of power.
    As above.

There is a big price difference between VTiR/GSR/SiR as compared to Type R. Double the cost is fairly standard.
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    eh Si D series
    very true, this guy quoted me on a b18c7. .... I just finished getting a quote on labour and parts turbo build will cost approx $1500, then actual parts including, turbo, manifold, piping, intercooler, bov, boost controller. ( t3 set up) everything needed for the turbo side of things $1200 australian delivered. then for the engine internals im getting eagle forged rods and low compression pistons approx $ 650 delivered australia.

im going for around 140kw atw. BBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSTTTTT!
    Last edited by Civic_Nich; 07-11-2007 at 04:07 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    4 banger
    hehe go the easy way out n boost it, u can always start with a cheap turbo setup and build up from there. would u really want internals for 140kw? i guess u'd need it for future references incase u want to aim for a higher power goals.
    ohh herrow im jdm

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    eh Si D series
    Quote Originally Posted by tekung89 View Post
    hehe go the easy way out n boost it, u can always start with a cheap turbo setup and build up from there. would u really want internals for 140kw? i guess u'd need it for future references incase u want to aim for a higher power goals.
    yeh i spoke to a few mechanics today and they reckon its probably the way to go at the end of the day its a motor with 110 000km on it and its 14 years old. so id be happy to go the internals for the extra money to be safe. with the new ecu the motor will be hitting around 8900rpm so i do need to upgrade internals. looking at something simialir to this kit from the same selleron ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TQ:MOTORS:1123

there is alot of similair kits to that. probably get something very similair and upgrade the turbo or just run it as is and eventually upgrade turbo.

what you guys thinking.

really really looking forward to the build and running the quarter.

Member Array
    Car:
    XR6 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic_Nich View Post
    with the new ecu the motor will be hitting around 8900rpm so i do need to upgrade internals.

Why would you need to rev a boosted D series that high?

B20VTEC Build Thread

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    eh Si D series
    that just straight form the mechanics mouth as i said im new to this so i dont know. but internals are a pretty important thing when boosting. well thats what i led to believe anyways.

Member Array
    Car:
    4 banger
    i reckon floggin a D to 7grand would do =) or if u want, pushing it to 7.5k rpm.. leave the 8's too B-series with their bigger and better built na motors:P
    ohh herrow im jdm

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    eh Si D series
    Quote Originally Posted by tekung89 View Post
    i reckon floggin a D to 7grand would do =) or if u want, pushing it to 7.5k rpm.. leave the 8's too B-series with their bigger and better built na motors:P
    yeh true true well at the moment stock it revs to 7500 :s is rev limiter. i think 7500 at the least maybe a little more. so its could prob go handling 8k easy with forged pistons and rods and new ecu.

Member Array
    Car:
    60-POV
    650 for rods and pistons? thats fairly cheap.. what kind of pistons? do you get piston rings? what about new bearings? labour?

Reving higher doesnt mean just bottom end work. You will need to do the head work.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    eh Si D series
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/D16-C...spagenameZWDVW
    thats the link for it mate, i allowed 650 with the shipping and the exchange rate.... yeh that 1500 (labour) is for the turbo set up, so im guess about another 200-300 in labour for the pistons and rods what you think?/