Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux

Tow Bar for FD Civic

Has anyone out there fitted a tow bar to their Civic? Did you get the Honda tow bar or did you buy one from someone else. I'm planning to get one but I'm not too sure whether to get the Honda original or an aftermarket one.

Thanks in advance.

i got it quoted by Honda (John Blair) at $500 installed and Hayman Reece would sell me theirs for $350 and then pay to get installed.
    I wanted a tow bar but its a lot of cash unless you tow a lot.?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    I can't help but wonder how good (or bad) the FD1 would be at towing considering how weak it is in the low-range torque department.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by JaCe View Post
    I can't help but wonder how good (or bad) the FD1 would be at towing considering how weak it is in the low-range torque department.
    I doubt it would be very good as the rated load given on the Honda website is between 450 and 1200 kg depending on the trailer. It is only a 1.8L after all so I'm not expecting too much. Should be ok for the occasional tow.

Member Array
    Car:
    8thGen Civic VTi
    what are you looking to tow?

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 - RB1
    Quote Originally Posted by bahloo View Post
    I doubt it would be very good as the rated load given on the Honda website is between 450 and 1200 kg depending on the trailer. It is only a 1.8L after all so I'm not expecting too much. Should be ok for the occasional tow.
    think ok, i seen one civic FD1 with tow bar, but now towing anything, may be same like u, just in case.
    Big Brake Kit with Slotted rotor and Braided Line for FD
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...009-Direct-Fit

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    if you are going to get a towbar for any of the current range, get a genuine one. they can be more expensive but they fit and look alot better, and generally have less problems down the track
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by dmx View Post
    think ok, i seen one civic FD1 with tow bar, but now towing anything, may be same like u, just in case.
    I'm not sure what I'm going to be towing yet so ya, it is a just in case. I've asked both Honda and Hayman Reese. The prices for both (towbar only) are about the same. The Honda one is actually a few dollars cheaper.

Member Array
    Car:
    Del Sol
    $500 is a lot of money for just in case... normally there will be places that will custom fit one to the car im from tasmania and i know of a few places down here they measure it all and it looks almost OEM at half the price. IMO i think you should shop around...

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 - RB1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    $500 is a lot of money for just in case... normally there will be places that will custom fit one to the car im from tasmania and i know of a few places down here they measure it all and it looks almost OEM at half the price. IMO i think you should shop around...
    u sure only $500? that cheap i say. Got info, not quote, would be around $1000 coz they have weld to chassis and also have to connect to brake/blinker light+other electrical thing.
    long time ago, we bought land cruiser 100, and toyota gave us bonus tow bar worth $1000, they claimed
    Big Brake Kit with Slotted rotor and Braided Line for FD
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...009-Direct-Fit

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    I feel that this is one of those things which you shouldn't cheap out on... not that I know much about towing but I'm inclined to think that a properly designed (and Honda-guaranteed choice) is the way to go until reputable alternatives become available. Last thing you want is for it to break and **** up and have noone to go to.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    Quote Originally Posted by dmx View Post
    u sure only $500? that cheap i say. Got info, not quote, would be around $1000 coz they have weld to chassis and also have to connect to brake/blinker light+other electrical thing.
    long time ago, we bought land cruiser 100, and toyota gave us bonus tow bar worth $1000, they claimed
    yeah they told you it was worth 1,000. But unless that thing is gold / platinum plated, 1,000 is a fantasy.

just get one of the boys that works for Honda AU to hook you up with something