Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic 99

1.5" lower - Low Kings springs or Pedders?

Looking to lower my car 1.5" and am now tossing up between kings springs or pedders. Can get king springs installed for $350 and $400 for Pedders. These are the only 2 choose i have as money is abit low. Looking to put it on my civic 99 sedan.
    Also the king springs come with 1yr warrenty from the shop whereas on the king spring website it says limited lifetime warrenty... Is the shop reducing the warrenty period or is that correct?
    One other thing, are all king springs progressive springs?
    Last edited by lil4civ; 01-11-2007 at 03:33 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    maybe the 1 yr warranty is on the install/fitment.
    ++ mrwillz fan club ++

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic 99
    oh ok i didn't think about that. cool ill double check with them again.

remeber you need aftermarket shocks as well, with stock shocks they'll be gone in no time.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic 99
    Thanks.. i'm looking at shocks at the moment too. I got quoted $700 for a set of KYB's not adjustable and $760 for Pedders.. its that right? seems quite pricey.. so pretty much it will cost me about $1000 for stocks and springs.. Does anyone know where to get KYB shocks for cheap? I'm after KYB's as everyone is saying that their good and cheap.

Pedders quoted $750 for adjustable shocks and springs installed and Beaurepairs said they can probably do it for $650-$700 for pedder shocks and springs adjustable installed. I told the guy that quoted me $760 for pedders said that doesn't seem right and its probably just for the 2 front shocks.

I'm only looking to spend around $700 to lower my car, so does anyone know where and what i can use as a combo in Sydney? Its for a honda civic EK1 sedan and everyday driving.
    Last edited by lil4civ; 07-11-2007 at 10:00 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    06EuroLux6M
    Quote Originally Posted by lil4civ View Post
    Thanks.. i'm looking at shocks at the moment too. I got quoted $700 for a set of KYB's not adjustable and $760 for Pedders.. its that right? seems quite pricey.. so pretty much it will cost me about $1000 for stocks and springs.. Does anyway know where to get KYB shocks for cheap? I'm after KYB's as everyone is saying that their good and cheap.
    Why not spend a few hundred more and get coilovers.

I bought the springs and was waiting for the shocks to arrive into the country, and found I could buy the coilovers from a trader here and spent under $200 extra to get coilovers.

I sold the springs and got the coilovers, at least they are matched to complement each other.
    133.4kw atw
    14.8 - 400m Willowbank

Member Array
    Behind the wheel of my car, cruising the hills of adelaide
    Car:
    ED6 Civic
    i agree with merlin, you could spend around 700-1200 on some decent coilovers, so that if you ever complain about ride height, you can adjust it rather than forking out for new springs all the time.

if you cant afford coilovers tho, then stay away from pedders shocks and springs, and get something like koni or kyb. most people say pedders are crappy, partially because theyre repainted monroes.
    Last edited by SeverAMV; 07-11-2007 at 10:46 AM.
    Current Performance Modifications to ED6:
    not telling, but it involves a semi-quad carb setup, and lots and lots of compression.

A set of whiteline spring should cost you about $350 front and rear, then just put them in your self, better spring than both mentioned in my opinion. and surely its not that hard to put a set of springs on, maybe get pedders to give you a quote on installing springs that you provide.
    Lets do Racing

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan B16a2
    King springs are way lame dude, if you want uneven ride hight and saggy after a while then go for it. I know there cheap but hey spend a touch more and get some whitelines or something more reputable

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro lxry
    Save your money and have some patience buy better suspension, go for coilovers or reputable brands do a search here at ozhonda alot of info here. King springs are at the cheap end of the market so are pedders, IMO. hope that helps.......