Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra VTI-R

My sunroof does not close properly all of a sudden

Hi guys..

My car's sunroof suddenly didnt close properly today. It functions normally, but when it shuts, the right outer corner sticks out of the slot while the rest is in. I tried to push it down physically but it does not help..

Do any of you guys have the same problem?
    Is it difficult to repair?

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    don't force it... usually the windstopper or something gets jammed.

If you don't know what your looking at/for take it to honda

my boss tried to 'unjam' his on his new mazda6.. luckily covered by warranty, otherwise $350 to replace the windstopper
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra VTI-R
    ooh thats what i suspected too...cos there was a black tube with a thin metal bar that goes thru it that looks out of place. It doesnt hang out onthe other side...

Thanx man..
    Just hope it wont cost me too much and the rain water doesnt get in =p

Member Array
    Car:
    94 DC4 Integra.
    How did you end up going with this? Similar problem on a car im looking at.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra VTI-R
    Hi Nay

Havent fixed it yet. I got my mechanic friend to help me check it, he said it wont be expensive to fix, just something out of place. We're getting it done this weekend or next.

It's not serious cos i washed the car with a jet spray yesterday and the water did not get in although the roof isnt tightly sealed

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM K20A
    Quote Originally Posted by playtime View Post
    ooh thats what i suspected too...cos there was a black tube with a thin metal bar that goes thru it that looks out of place. It doesnt hang out onthe other side...
    that doesn't look like the wind stopper you're talking about there.
    it's more like the slider mechanism, cos usually the wind stopper looks like a black rubber thing that fold and unfold when the screen goes up or down.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Perhaps the rails need greasing. Spray some Silicone Grease or Graphite Powder into the rails to lessen the resistance.

When there is high resistance, it can push the rubber rails into the corners when the glass slides, causing the corners to bulge out.
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    94 DC4 Integra.
    Im nays bf, she just got her integra with the stuck sunroof today.

I fixed it within 5 mins of getting it here.
    You will see there are black sliders in the rails which are attached to a spring. The spring goes forwards into the front of the roof. The spring is likely to have fallen off. Compare the good side to the bad one to see what I mean. You will have to rehook the spring up the front first (just fish around until you snag the mounting point) then pull it back and attached to the black sliding part. Problem fixed, 5 mins, no real tools needed, no expense.