Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
    considered ford/holden equivalents as well? falcadores may not hold their value as well but both will have more power and space than the v6 accord for a similar price.
    I'd seriously consider a Toyota Aurion though. At $38k-ish, they are good buys.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Earth, Milky Way
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro (LUX)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
    considered ford/holden equivalents as well? falcadores may not hold their value as well but both will have more power and space than the v6 accord for a similar price.
    My dad previously owned a Ford Falcon. I'll admit that when brand new and up to 100,000 km the car is fine, but beyond 100,000 km, all the problems begin to surface. E.g. oil leaks, gearbox problems, bits and pieces falling off from interior of the car, buttons not working etc (and the list goes on). This is the main reason why I would always prefer a good Japanese car rather than going for a Ford, Holden or even the recent new American imports (like the Dodge and the Chrysler).

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    looking for euro luxo
    couldn't agree more. my mum had a VX Clubby (Gen III 5.7lt) since new and they had to replace all 8 pistons due to glazing of the bores. fortunately the car was still under warranty otherwise I would have spat it, knowing the costs involved ie. labour, parts, etc

they are a nice car to drive with reasonable maintenance costs, insurance, fuel, bla bla, but at the end of the day I'll still settle for a jap econo box with a bit of luxury hehe

Disabled Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord VTi-S
    fair enough, the falcons we/our friends have had have been pretty good but if you have had poor experiences i can see how you would be unwilling to return to them. the reliability of the toyota at least would be arguably better

the falcon should cost a good deal less these days as they are looking to clear them for the orion next year but again, but again that will definately not help their resale. looked at mitsu 380, they never really took off so may also be able to get a decent deal on them? not looking to turn u away from the toyotas and hondas just mentioning other options.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by TiaN View Post
    couldn't agree more. my mum had a VX Clubby (Gen III 5.7lt) since new and they had to replace all 8 pistons due to glazing of the bores. fortunately the car was still under warranty otherwise I would have spat it, knowing the costs involved ie. labour, parts, etc
    That can happen to any car. It was caused by the person driving the car since new, not Holden's fault.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2