Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra DC2
    i was looking at turbo charging my teg

i had received a few quotes from various workshops

they ranged from 9-12 k thats is including parts and labour

they told me depending on how you drive your car, you should be fine running low boost thats is 4-7 psi

however if you drive like an idiot, they couldnt guarantee that the engine wont blow or even more importantly that the gear box wont be f*king up on me

keeping in mind, gear boxes aint cheap to replace

just have a think about all your circumstances that may result and if you can find some one that could guarantee you on your parts ie engine and box, than your cheering

goodluck

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Honda gearbox's are generally quite strong, and the only time they will be braking will be after many hard launches at the track/bad misshifts.

As for the setup, 5k could be a good price depending on the exact parts used. Im assuming u have a VTiR teg? She will boost fine. My only concern is the second hand turbo - never been a fan. how long has it been used for? The way the drive the car doesnt really matter, its the tune you have that will define how successful the conversion will be. Look at adding another 300-500 for tuning of the ECU once everything is install.

As for the 10-12k turbo conversion done by shops, pass it up. generally u will be wasting alot of money because they wont even be opening the engine up with those prices - basically just be giving u what a turbo kit offers.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra DC2
    yeah thats exactly rite Weq, they couldnt warrantee my car parts from f*cking up and went going to strengthen anything either. Thats y I wasnt so keen anymore to continue with my project. I needed a few more grand to strengthen various engine/box components. And didnt have the budget to follow such an expensive application.

Its either do it properly once, or dont do it at all.

Member Array
    Car:
    V6 Twin Turbo DC2
    D.A.R.T can do some good jobs for around the 10k mark. This includes fmic, injectors, turbo, rods, pistons, rings, new bearings, etc. Does not include ECU and tune. Let me know if you want their details

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra DC2
    hmmm the ecu's r really expensive though

just do some research in what ecu is required 2 go with the setup and some prices

as mentioned above, a proper dyno tune is extremely required

Member Array
    Car:
    SLOCAR
    Quote Originally Posted by wynode
    If you are planning on tracking the car however, then i'd be careful

explain

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    A track car will generate a lot more heat and be more susceptible damage than a street / drag car, hence if you are going to track the car, you will have to think about an oil cooler, upgraded radiator to say the least
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    yep keep that oil cool on the track. where as on the street, an oil cooler may be overkill and actually harm the car because the oil isnt at the correct operating temp.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

hmmm......... i think with all that comes to mind with turbo'ing a teg.. i think i might just leave it N/A and get some nice toda cams or something like that... and have the nice vtec sound....

anywayz... thanks for all the info guys... really appriciate it... if i do sometime in the future go turbo i'll look back on this thread!!

cheers,

Will

Member Array
    Car:
    V6 Twin Turbo DC2
    You'll need some Spec A camshafts to go with the Toda Cam gears, to notice any real difference!

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1
    my mate can get a turbo kit for $1200 for the B serires engine complete, except for intercooler, all u ned is custom made, can be boosted to abotu 18 PSi, but all u want is abotu 7, thats enuff for a teg, with 8PSi u rip most ****s on the road these days, no ned for track times, want track times get a RWD car. cos i wanted to get that turbo kit and do my car, but VTEC and turbo sin't a great mix at him booost small liek 7PSi is alright but higher is liek not good cos of the higher Vtec compression, turbos run beta on low comp.
    can't be F**cked writing mroe so cya;s all later if u really want the turbo kit PM me