Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Intake for Jazz

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 Jazz
    Thanx Pete..... thats awsome, exactly what i was wanting to check out actually.
    Cheers

Moderator Array
    Car:
    2002 Fit

dont know what this is

there is also a blitz one

Blitz Kit

Pete

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    First up, you can't get a mugen replacement panel for our current model. Mugen have only released a filter for the update which uses a new/different intake....

Spoon and Trust do replacement panels....

I have the A'pexi intake and have noticed improved top-end since fitting it even though I still haven't finished the CAI.

I have also had a chat to guy who has used bothe the A'pexi and the Trust replacement panel in a modded stock box. He has said that by using a modded stock box, he got much better low down response and has since stick with that.

As he also pointed out, Spoon use the factory box (albeit modified) for their race-prepped fit, so take from that what you will I guess.

Lil VTEC, I'm not sure how you will go mounting the filter down low behind the grill, because, once you have a look, you will see what I mean. Even if you can get it down low (which I doubt) it will still be mounted directly behind the radiator, because the radiator takes up the whole front end! So you will be getting the used and hot air that has passed through the radiator.

I'll need to get some pics up of my current setup, though for maximim performance, I would be going with a modded OEM box with a CAI feed.

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    pic pic.............
    CAI feed to stock box is what i want i think coz cop are suck....

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3 Vti-S, S15 Spec R GT
    I severely doubt a police officer will look under the bonnet of a Jazz.

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    lol
    IF they does, u will get really pissed
    but i dun care much actually but just after which performace and the better and easy to setup

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 Jazz
    JUS_10 - Ah true, thatnks for that. Will have to have a look at yours definately... looking forward to seein the pics

just wanted to ask and restart this thread.

with the jazz, do you guys favour using a short ram system or using a fully custom system that gets air from somewhere else?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4 & Alfa 156
    The CAI designed intakes are better...you might lose a bit of throttle response but you will get that from any aftermarket setup.

The Apexi short ram gives decent gains and a great sound but can suffer a bit from engine heat, etc. That said when mine was tested we were getting about 3kw at the wheels with it which isn't to bad for about $150-200!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz VTi-S
    TODA intake gained around 4.1kw atw for jc and me when we installed.

We got it done and dyno'd yesterday! Great intake!
    '07 JAZZ VTI-S NIGHTHAWK BLACK

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG 06 civic hatch
    My VTIS 1.5L Honda jazz gains around 3KW ATWheels too. Dynoed at (75.4KW)101hp@the wheels and 15.1sec 0-400M

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4 & Alfa 156
    Quote Originally Posted by EG06WA View Post
    My VTIS 1.5L Honda jazz gains around 3KW ATWheels too. Dynoed at (75.4KW)101hp@the wheels and 15.1sec 0-400M
    Umm that's a pretty quick 1/4 mile man (stock is highish 16s)....how much did you strip out? What MPH did you run????