Page 103 of 154 FirstFirst ... 35393100101102103104105106113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,225 to 1,236 of 1840
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by akina View Post
    Its for the US TSX not our AUS verison of the Euro, their different and not compatible.
    hmmmm thought so oh well lol

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by SXYSOL View Post
    Its been done already for the Euro and proven that duel is better, so I’m not sure where your getting your facts from, and your experience isn’t even based on a Euro k24 ivtec engine so I would call it skeptical at the very best.
    A dual muffler has better muffling capacity because there is less air going through each muffler. But the two 90 degree bends before each muffler means that the exhaust gas is slowed down significantly. Single muffler piping can run straight from the middle resonator, so has less restriction. The downside is that a larger amount of exhaust gas is going through 1 muffler and will be noisier. Honda went for a 2 muffler setup for the Euro for 2 reasons. It makes it look upmarket and is easier to keep quiet.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    A dual muffler has better muffling capacity because there is less air going through each muffler. But the two 90 degree bends before each muffler means that the exhaust gas is slowed down significantly. Single muffler piping can run straight from the middle resonator, so has less restriction. The downside is that a larger amount of exhaust gas is going through 1 muffler and will be noisier. Honda went for a 2 muffler setup for the Euro for 2 reasons. It makes it look upmarket and is easier to keep quiet.
    you just said what i said lol only your alot better at explaining it than me..

thanks

^^ also its aaron... everyone will agree

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by akina View Post
    ^^ also its aaron... everyone will agree
    Sif... lol. Come on guys, argue with me...

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Sif... lol. Come on guys, argue with me...
    hahaha if we argue with you we'll get kicked off ozhonda lol

we know how it works... lmao

Member Array
    Car:
    06EuroLux6M
    Hmm

..is that Sir Aaronng...

or

HRH Aaronng.......lol
    133.4kw atw
    14.8 - 400m Willowbank

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by sodaz View Post
    Overall power increase is not as great as I expected and in terms of acceleration (butt dyno) feels similar to the Toyota Aurion but slower than an RX-8 and 350z.

No offence but....I am quite confused how you can equate or compare an Honda Accord Euro that was designed as a "family" car to a Nissan 350z or an RX-8 it does not compute as the Euro was never designed to be an sports car .....or an car that has a V6 engine (Aurion). The closest thing that you can compare the car to is an Toyota Camry or Audi A4 in body type and engine. Even to get compared to a sports car is doing well .....I would have thought the 350z and the RX would have been compared more to the S2000.

Now with the whole argument with Dual verses Single if you had been listening in the presentation....... JTune tested both systems with Single and Dual Systems they did extensive testing ....trust me I know. The car performed better with the system that is the end product (Dual) than that with a straight through. They have proof from dyno results. Besides that as was said by some one else the car was designed with dual tips as it suits the car much better. A single exhaust outlet does not look that good... you have one cutout that is empty on the side that looks strange if does not have a second exhaust. That was also considered.

The Exhaust is a 3 inch System to the just before the petrol tank then splits into two 2.5 inch exhaust pipes into the rear mufflers. Again this was fully tested to get the best results...... They tested this over 2.5 years so I think they know what they are doing.

Also the TSX flash and the Euro flash are from the same source originally but altered to meet Australian specs with some additional tuning from James.
    Last edited by Peekay34; 18-11-2007 at 06:37 PM.
    Red Honda Jazz Vti-S, Updated stereo, Subwoofer, Red Trim Kit, Sports Grille.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by EUR003act View Post
    hahaha if we argue with you we'll get kicked off ozhonda lol

we know how it works... lmao
    As if I'll do such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin086 View Post
    Hmm

..is that Sir Aaronng...

or

HRH Aaronng.......lol
    Just Aaron is fine.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Peekay34 View Post
    No offence but....I am quite confused how you can equate or compare an Honda Accord Euro that was designed as a "family" car to a Nissan 350z or an RX-8 it does not compute as the Euro was never designed to be an sports car .....or an car that has a V6 engine (Aurion). The closest thing that you can compare the car to is an Toyota Camry or Audi A4 in body type and engine. Even to get compared to a sports car is doing well .....I would have thought the 350z and the RX would have been compared more to the S2000.
    The Euro can outperform the V6 Camry (115kw) and the Audi A4 2.0 (103kw) even in stock form. Why would you spend $5000 to outperform cars that you can already outperform in stock form? All I'm trying to say is that while the extreme package does improve power noticably compared to stock, it's simply not as quick as I expected. The extreme Euro is supposed to do the 1/4 mile in 14.8ish seconds at 160km/h which is in line with the 350z and RX-8 but it didn't feel nearly as quick as the two. In terms of acceleration it felt closer to the Aurion Sportivo I drive at work (though not as torquey). I don't think there's anything wrong with comparing a stock V6 with a highly modded 4 cylinder car.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by sodaz View Post
    The Euro can outperform the V6 Camry (115kw) and the Audi A4 2.0 (103kw) even in stock form. Why would you spend $5000 to outperform cars that you can already outperform in stock form? All I'm trying to say is that while the extreme package does improve power noticably compared to stock, it's simply not as quick as I expected. The extreme Euro is supposed to do the 1/4 mile in 14.8ish seconds at 160km/h which is in line with the 350z and RX-8 but it didn't feel nearly as quick as the two. In terms of acceleration it felt closer to the Aurion Sportivo I drive at work (though not as torquey). I don't think there's anything wrong with comparing a stock V6 with a highly modded 4 cylinder car.
    You are losing the point I am afraid that I am trying to make. I am talking about cars that are normally in the same class and size of engine. Since your comment is that it is "nearly as quick" then I would say ...not bad for a 2.4 litre NA motor that normally on average might have max 110KW at the wheels (notice I said on average folks) The rotary I can not say much about since except that it is very quick and in comparrison of a motor well they are different being based on a low friction Rotary Motor with 1300CC but 170KW of power ...the 350Z is a Standard Engine 3.5L V6 @ 228.18KW @6800 engine .. but both built as sports cars......even if you compare the Aurion... 200KW V6 Engine..... if you compare the two as your are and you say it's close.. and also compare it to an Aurion at 200KW .... Then Jtune has done a great job...... even to be comparible to this car in perfomance.
    It is a shame you did not get to drive it.... you should have asked the owner he let Tony drive it and you would have realised what is fully like

Also you gotta remember it was a 30 degree day and humid which also affects performance....
    Last edited by Peekay34; 18-11-2007 at 08:32 PM.
    Red Honda Jazz Vti-S, Updated stereo, Subwoofer, Red Trim Kit, Sports Grille.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 DC5R Turbo
    I think your all crazy trying to compare cars on 30 degree days that’s an unfair disadvantage. I would really like to hear how the car responds at night time when the outside air is cold. We all know every car is very sluggish in the heat, but if it impresses you in the heat imagine what it will be like when it’s cold. Out here in WA our cars are always slow during the day and totally different at night in fact a lot of tuners only tune after hours when it cools down.