Car:
    eg

eg K20a mods?

ok heres the deal $10k to spend on mods
    engines in...
    i have rough ideas...

but want everyone elses input...pls...

running dc2r calipers+rotors BC racing spec DTR headers
    (not sure on exhaust yet - any recommendations?)
    stock motor + watever is needed for conversion
    kpro on the way

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic B16A
    depending u wanna do track or drag

Array
    Car:
    115hp 4stroke yamaha
    Track or not you need some good suspension gear if you are going to build a mean machine. Spend some money on some good coilovers and maybe some strut bars first.

You will need a 3" mandrel bent exhaust to start off with. Abit bigger if you wanna throw the snail on her.

Then its really up to you on what power figures you are after, NA or Turbo is really your choice, but since you have already purchased your headers I guess its NA all the way.

My thoughts on the very first engine mods after headers and intake is a HD clutch and lightened flywheel.
    JdmYard, Team POV!

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    yep $10k is a fair amount of money. but if you don't think about what you spend it on, it'll dissapear very quick.

You really need to ask yourself what you want out of your car. There so many people that build cars, but there's only a few that have Purpose Built Cars.
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic B16A
    if i were you, i will spend most on balancing the car...
    and lil gain on power stuff...
    2.5 inch is more than enough for k20a...
    you can spend on a good set of suspension, smth like Aragusta, ohlins - with canister...plus all busing, and sway bars, A arm, upper, lower, camber, rear tie, roll cage, weldspot.. full exhaust, headgasket, and keep the std airbox but change the filter...also coil lines....may be you can strip your interior, and get a FRP bucket seat and harness...yea..thats abt 10k already...but it'll be fully ready to attack any track in Aus..N1 style..

Array
    Car:
    115hp 4stroke yamaha
    Quote Originally Posted by todaek9 View Post
    if i were you, i will spend most on balancing the car...
    and lil gain on power stuff...
    2.5 inch is more than enough for k20a...
    you can spend on a good set of suspension, smth like Aragusta, ohlins - with canister...plus all busing, and sway bars, A arm, upper, lower, camber, rear tie, roll cage, weldspot.. full exhaust, headgasket, and keep the std airbox but change the filter...also coil lines....may be you can strip your interior, and get a FRP bucket seat and harness...yea..thats abt 10k already...but it'll be fully ready to attack any track in Aus..N1 style..
    You can't keep a stock airbox for a egk20a swap its just impractical and 2.5" is not enough for a k series. Been there done that and 3" gives you alot more power throughout the whole power band. If you don't believe me ask all the other k swap owners on here.
    Last edited by riceball; 19-11-2007 at 02:29 PM.
    JdmYard, Team POV!

Member Array
    Car:
    60-POV
    Go with 3" exhaust, you will notice a big difference over the 2.5".

if i were in your position, (if motor isn't in) then rebuild internals, high comp it and do it properly.. and definatley go 3" exhaust..
    even k24 bottom end.. loads more torgue! "P

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    eg
    engine in and wont mind taking it out at all cos its still sitting in garage..
    3" is the way 2 go..

NA all the way...car is for track btw...
    its street driven but will be given some trackwork(few times a year if all goes well)

got BC racing spec coilovers already...
    not stripping it btw...got a few lazy mates that have lost license or not got it..LOL

cars semi spotwelded already (uncles a welder/fencemaker/metal factory worker)

so i guess its internals now?what internals?ideas?

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    is this JDM K20A or K20A2 AUDM ?
    You might wanna invest on a set of RBC - euro R jdm intake manifold and bigger Throttle body ?
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic B16A
    ohh....2.5" and std box is not good enough...ic...

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro boat
    Quote Originally Posted by freewilly View Post
    engine in and wont mind taking it out at all cos its still sitting in garage..
    3" is the way 2 go..

NA all the way...car is for track btw...
    its street driven but will be given some trackwork(few times a year if all goes well)

got BC racing spec coilovers already...
    not stripping it btw...got a few lazy mates that have lost license or not got it..LOL

cars semi spotwelded already (uncles a welder/fencemaker/metal factory worker)

so i guess its internals now?what internals?ideas?
    If you want to go track I'd go down the suspension/bracing/stopping path ...

No point having uber power and not be able to put it to use at the wheels or hold corner speed because your car is as loose as a 16 year old schoolie.

Your K should produce good power to weight already in an EG so a few light engine mods on it now and you can come back to it when you learn the track
    Last edited by GTRVspec95; 22-11-2007 at 09:16 PM. Reason: clarifying point
    Hipower Racing EG - 60.82 !!! QR Sprint course
    My EG4 + JDM B18C powered Civic SOLD !