Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda civic cxi
    Quote Originally Posted by johnprocter View Post
    LOL they sound expensive ...
    They come come in Affordable range to Serious competitior. Their cheapest model is about 299 each. thats a DD1012
    then u go up fromt there.
    I had 2 1012s for my first stereo set up with 400wrms running into each sub. I pulled a 145db. Mind u i had no boot left in my Hyundai Sonata. But this was a every day music system and they sounded really good to. was with a ported enclosure to.

Head unit - youll need somethign that has sub out and is of decent quality like a clarion for example (price roughly $250)

Amplifier - a 4 channel amp with at least 200w rms to power the front splits you will be installing nothign special so long as it has the power and quality of course (price roughly $150 - $200)

Splits - depending on quality, trance and dance need the crystal clear treble so go something mid range like a JBL or response setup (price roughly $250)

Sub - beats will come quick and you will need a responsive, non power hungry but decent sun to go it, a decent pioneer or jl audio should do it as its in budget (price roughly $150)

Monoblock ( a simple 200w rms mono block is fine as its only output is mono so i would even say its ok to get a boss audio (price roughly $180)

Sub box - sealed is the go for dance music as it is your preference -, boxes arent too expensive so long as you make sure its MDF and is at least 35ltr (price roughly $50)

Wiring - 8 guage should do you fine but you will need a extra few metres of power nd ground for your mono block so expect to buy a whole kit that goes for roughly 30-40 bux and extra wiring for power and ground and a extra fuse which goes for roughly 20 bux and a extra set of RCA for your monoblock to head unit (15 bux)

for roughyl 1100 bux you can have a fairly good setup, all you need is to get it fitted and a good tuner for the audio !!!

gl with the project mate!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda civic cxi
    Quote Originally Posted by integrity View Post
    Head unit - youll need somethign that has sub out and is of decent quality like a clarion for example (price roughly $250)

Amplifier - a 4 channel amp with at least 200w rms to power the front splits you will be installing nothign special so long as it has the power and quality of course (price roughly $150 - $200)

Splits - depending on quality, trance and dance need the crystal clear treble so go something mid range like a JBL or response setup (price roughly $250)

Sub - beats will come quick and you will need a responsive, non power hungry but decent sun to go it, a decent pioneer or jl audio should do it as its in budget (price roughly $150)

Monoblock ( a simple 200w rms mono block is fine as its only output is mono so i would even say its ok to get a boss audio (price roughly $180)

Sub box - sealed is the go for dance music as it is your preference -, boxes arent too expensive so long as you make sure its MDF and is at least 35ltr (price roughly $50)

Wiring - 8 guage should do you fine but you will need a extra few metres of power nd ground for your mono block so expect to buy a whole kit that goes for roughly 30-40 bux and extra wiring for power and ground and a extra fuse which goes for roughly 20 bux and a extra set of RCA for your monoblock to head unit (15 bux)

for roughyl 1100 bux you can have a fairly good setup, all you need is to get it fitted and a good tuner for the audio !!!

gl with the project mate!!
    Clarion will let u down as their $250 head unit has only got 2 preouts. But if you dont mind using the fader to turn up and down the sub then its ok.
    All music need a equal depth in the speaker. Find a speaker with better midbass as this is generally where speakers lack. Not in the tweeter department.

With amplifiers go as much power as money can buy. With the amp to run your splits make sure you dont skimp. Response amps have a slight whirring sound when there is no sound and in quiet spots in songs is audiable. Stay alpine for this as they are very good and you can get a decent amp for the money. Get a 2 channel and not a four channel as its more affordable and you can get just as much more power for less.
    Dont worry on brand as you wont be able to hear the difference. Just make sure you have bang for buck. Also find a amp that bench tests the power it says. response amps are very good value for money. 800wrms for like $350 that works out to 43cents a watt. Look at monoblocks this way as opposed to brands. Cents/watt.
    Sub like i said depends on enclosure. Find a sub that will best suit the enclosure u can fit in ur car. No point buying a big sub if you can only want to fit a 25ltr box in ur car. Generally on a budget with prefab boxes u cant go past alpine. Stay away from all things pioneer. Pricey for what you get. cept for splits. if u like the way they sound buy them.
    And use 4awg to ur amps. U arent running rear batteries and all of it will be from the front battery. 4awg will flow much better and will prevent alot of voltage drop which means less chance to blow stuff up.

Remember guys you dont blow speakers up by giving them heaps of power. U blow speakers up because you dont have enough power.
    (whys that? You want to turn ur stereo up louder. sales person told you these subs handle 300wrms. u think ok well im only providing them 200wrms. So u crank it to the max. This will push ur amp into clipping. clipping = distortion. Distortion = Speaker not flowing and producing square waves. Great for short bursts. But not for music. This will damage ur amps and ur sub. U can put to much power into a speaker aswell. This is why its best to use a good installer to tune your system)

Member Array
    Car:
    hondas suck <3
    mmmmmm im guessing getting better taste in music...

personally ill go with some focal or hertz
    focal if you listening for quality but dont crank it that much but if u r anything like n love to rave then defo hertz

you can crank them until anything hertz mille are awesome

umm yeah coax in the back 6x9 cant take quick beats

personall i would go for 1x10inch sub tuned to a slightly high freq

and one 12inch tuned to a lower freq

thus u get the best of both worlds

most of your trance will have a slkightly high fast paced base line

but if you listen to hixxy where he also has the doof doof doof in the deep base tone like in i see the light thenthis is where the 12inch come in, it more effective as it plays the deeper note better without the poppy sound u get from 10s and for subs i would advise a jlaudio 12inch

as it gives awesome low bass tones and well 10's to honest anything as u just want to hear the bass

amps wise audison or focal for the speakers and alpine for the subs

but thats what i believe

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    94 prelude Vtec
    Hey. Prob too late but I put (at the time) top range polks throughout and the sound is freeken sweet. Front splits cost me a stak though at just under 1k. Ran it all through an alpine amp and have been satisfied.

Disabled Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord VTi-S
    Quote Originally Posted by leemo View Post
    personally ill go with some focal or hertz
    focal if you listening for quality but dont crank it that much but if u r anything like n love to rave then defo hertz

you can crank them until anything hertz mille are awesome

umm yeah coax in the back 6x9 cant take quick beats

personall i would go for 1x10inch sub tuned to a slightly high freq

and one 12inch tuned to a lower freq

thus u get the best of both worlds

most of your trance will have a slkightly high fast paced base line

but if you listen to hixxy where he also has the doof doof doof in the deep base tone like in i see the light thenthis is where the 12inch come in, it more effective as it plays the deeper note better without the poppy sound u get from 10s and for subs i would advise a jlaudio 12inch

as it gives awesome low bass tones and well 10's to honest anything as u just want to hear the bass

amps wise audison or focal for the speakers and alpine for the subs

but thats what i believe
    or you could just get one really responsive sub like an image dynamics idq

Member Array
    Car:
    90 Integra LS
    Quote Originally Posted by cracker View Post
    mmmmmm im guessing getting better taste in music...
    um..excuse me? how the **** can u say u dont like his style when ur style is probably shitter, no-one asked your opinion on this so why make such a useless freaking post, and hard style is the best sytle mate, get in with it or GTFO

i had 2 12" subs with 2 mono block amps and sometimes it had trouble keeping up with the bass, so i suggest try 10's or something...

im getting a ute and i wont have room for a sub, but im after a good set of speakers and stuff coz im very much into the same genere and i want to be able to hear some bass at least heh
    The Pain Of Discipline Is Far Less Than The Pain Of Regret

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003
    i 4got to update this thread :P i got a 10" 2500watt, 900RMS sub with a monoblock amp and hardstyle sounds dope on it! thinking about getting another 10" when i get some money
    Quote Originally Posted by kazam View Post
    lol give him a break, this is after all a forum and not just a giant search engine.. what are we gunna do when evry topic has been covered? disable posting and just have the search button there?