Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FWD vs RWD

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    fark me dead....

shit to normal power (<150kW) - FWD will be quick as you dont break too much transaction + FWD is easier to drive than RWD

high power performance (+200kw) - FWD will shit itself.. no way..
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4 & Jazz VTI...
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitZ View Post
    fark me dead....

shit to normal power (<150kW) - FWD will be quick as you dont break too much transaction + FWD is easier to drive than RWD

high power performance (+200kw) - FWD will shit itself.. no way..
    I agree.. FWD with about 110kw-150kw will be the best as it maximises its power at the wheels without losing way too much!!.. Most racing honda do not have big ass power at their wheels, they have the optimum, which is what that matters most around the track.
    JDM Ek4 Squad Perth..
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi View Post
    Fact is you should get over ur EK4, cos its a POS FWD and its in the worse colour ever released.
    Get a real car then start bragging.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF Civic track car
    Quote Originally Posted by VT1-R View Post
    I agree.. FWD with about 110kw-150kw will be the best as it maximises its power at the wheels without losing way too much!!.. Most racing honda do not have big ass power at their wheels, they have the optimum, which is what that matters most around the track.
    very true, to much power in a front wheel drive just means wheel spin, but you can do the same in a rwd as well, but then comes the drifting hehe

Traction vs Drift.
    '12 PWP Tree Hugging Machine
    '99 GPW S2000
    '99 CW DC2R

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTIR
    Quote Originally Posted by xntrik View Post
    Traction vs Drift.
    What about this Xntrik?

Definitely grip driving is faster than drift driving. Unless you're Takumi...

I like your new avartar too lol!

Quote Originally Posted by DUST View Post
    What about this Xntrik?

Definitely grip driving is faster than drift driving. Unless you're Takumi...

I like your new avartar too lol!
    On the contrary, takumi is gangster. drift and goes faster.
    lol

on track i'll say fwd, on race ways i'll say rwd.

and my new avatar is also gangster, and i left u a pm on msn regarding payment for my mate
    '12 PWP Tree Hugging Machine
    '99 GPW S2000
    '99 CW DC2R

Member Array
    Car:
    eg sedan
    think maybe the fwd are easier to drive quicker on tight bends? coz usually they are smaller and lighter.

ps. tired of how some ppl are like fwd = mega understeer around the corners like its the end of the world or something.
    it only does when u push it past the limits of its grip...

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTIR
    Quote Originally Posted by d15z1SUX View Post
    think maybe the fwd are easier to drive quicker on tight bends? coz usually they are smaller and lighter.

ps. tired of how some ppl are like fwd = mega understeer around the corners like its the end of the world or something.
    it only does when u push it past the limits of its grip...
    Yes FWD is easier to drive around bends.

Same can be said for RWD when they oversteer, you can correct it by countersteering. With FWD you correct it by slowing down or braking.

Member Array
    Car:
    MR2, CRV & Euro
    Over a short course there won't be much difference but over a long stint the RWD is better. With FWD the front wheel has to take the load of braking, cornering and putting power down. With a RWD set up it the front wheels are spared the task of putting power down.

Also RWD generally have better weight balancing as the drive train is spread out.
    If you feel your in control, your not going fast enough.

-Mario Andretti

My Picture gallery
    www.pbase.com/silver_arrowz

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver-Arrowz View Post
    Over a short course there won't be much difference but over a long stint the RWD is better. With FWD the front wheel has to take the load of braking, cornering and putting power down. With a RWD set up it the front wheels are spared the task of putting power down.

Also RWD generally have better weight balancing as the drive train is spread out.
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

F1's are rwd..

'nuff said

haha.
    ozhonda.com = ozhomo.com

Member Array
    Car:
    94 DC4 Integra.
    Quote Originally Posted by DUST View Post
    Yes FWD is easier to drive around bends.

Same can be said for RWD when they oversteer, you can correct it by countersteering. With FWD you correct it by slowing down or braking.
    Correcting understeer or oversteer in a fwd by slowing down or braking?

Braking can have some very scary results when you are on the limit in a front wheel drive, especially mid corner.

Gotta agree with most of what has been said, big power isnt going to work with fwd. I have noticed a lot of fwd in low power situations seem to get the power down much more easily than rwd's.

I think the ability to control the car more on the throttle is a big thing in the favour of rwd's.

Really it comes down to the whole package. Something that works together well is what you want, rwd or fwd is irrelevant.