Page 117 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1767107114115116117118119120127 ... LastLast
Results 1,393 to 1,404 of 1840
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    On contrary, the stock Euro has less torque when in VTEC than when at a lower RPM. Try 2nd gear. The Euro pulls harder at 4000-5000rpm than at over 6000rpm.

You have to remember, eventhough it is a 2.4L engine, it's still an inline 4. If you want more torque, it needs to be a 2.4L V6 or I6.
    why would a 6 cylinder with same displacement numbers provide more torque, itd just b smoother wouldnt?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by phobolism View Post
    why would a 6 cylinder with same displacement numbers provide more torque, itd just b smoother wouldnt?
    I'm not talking about peak torque (223Nm @ 4500rpm) but the actual torque at RPM lower than peak torque RPM. I find that in the Euro you get caught out with lack of torque at low RPM (waiting to hit about 3500rpm after which it pulls nicely), while a V6 or I6 of similar capacity doesn't have that problem and just revs up nicely. It's because a 6 cylinder has 1.5 times more power strokes than a 4 cylinder engine in each revolution of the crankshaft. At low RPM, the time in between power strokes in a 4 cylinder is longer than in a 6 cylinder, so you take longer to get the RPM up.
    Last edited by aaronng; 02-12-2007 at 12:00 AM.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    hence why the M3s I6 3.2L is such a beast!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003
    just curious guys if i were to get the mild tune done and crashed one day etc would my insurance company be able to see that it has been tuned? and like not pay me out for the crash or whatever? thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kazam View Post
    lol give him a break, this is after all a forum and not just a giant search engine.. what are we gunna do when evry topic has been covered? disable posting and just have the search button there?

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6
    Fark I wish theyd get on the the mild flash. Im super keen and my orders been in for a long time. Im hoping for a 15% increase with I/H and mild flash. As per their website. With the lighter weight of my standard and add 15% power I reckon ill be happy for my $1500 investment. Good BFB.
    I went to the modded XR5 Turbo with Mods - the dark side.....BOOOOST!

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin086 View Post
    Just to clarify what I wrote....

"Euro Lux 1450kg -196kw =7.39kg/kw
    (with jtune
    xtreme if 40%gain)

Euro Lux 1450kg -182kw =7.96kg/kw
    (with jtune
    xtreme if 30%gain)"

Please note the "if"

It was speculation and not stated as fact.
    Suppose I could have quoted 26% gain @peak (edit typo)

"Torque output is primarily based on bore/stroke ratio in a NA engine."

Please stop reading into my statements what I didn't say!

Nowhere did I profess to be quoting accurate dyno figures as it was a theoretical comparison.

Nowhere did I state that factors such as cam angles, component weight etc, don't influence available torque, but it is a fact that the primary reason for torque output is bore/stroke ratio in a NA engine. Don't blame me!

I don't see the point of argument here to be honest, and without bothering to study the details of who is arguing with who and who has which point, to me, obviously a longer stroke engine (under-square) is designed to have more bottom end torque, so the torque curve distribution shifts towards the left side on a graph. In sacrifice, top-end power will be slightly restricted as the bore is narrower for top-end breathing, also, piston speed increases too much so it cannot rev as freely as a short stroke engine (such as F1 engines with around 2.5:1 bore to stroke, so the stroke is very short).

The theory goes that the ideal ratio is supposedly to be 1:1 as it has the balance of low end torque and high end revs, and the torque curve (which is 100% proportional to acceleration curve) will be flat. Think new 2.2L S2000 and the older Nissan SR20 engines. Good balance of everything.

Engine design, friction levels, number of cylinders, etc, are other parts of the equation but overall the bore/stroke ratio is quite relevant to the engine's performance.

And let's not be confused about 'peak torque' as I sense too many people get confused with. Here we're only talking bout torque distribution curve by design.

The Euro's success lies with the fact that it has good mid-range torque for a 4 cylinder NA but fairly adequate or even sporty top-end power/torque, with good revs on board for an 'under-square' design. Its not a conventional design but as a family sports car isn't usually over-revved, it satisfies 80% of Euro Accord buyers who need more low-mid range torque but still has high end torque.

Funnily enough, if you have driven the normal Accord 2.4L, in fact, that car has been tuned to have even more low-mid range torque than the Euro Accord version, despite basically same engine design, yet, that car lacks the high-end torque/power of the Euro Accord.

One could argue that the Euro Accord can be 'tuned' to have both better low-mid range torque like the Accord 2.4L as well as keeping the higher-end torque/power at higher RPMS.

Member Array
    Car:
    06EuroLux6M
    ^
    Damn well written as a overall summary.........

Shouldn't offend too many.....lol
    133.4kw atw
    14.8 - 400m Willowbank

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    I've driven the normal 2.4L Accord and found it had no balls at all anywhere in the rev range. It was an auto though but that is also comparing to an auto Euro.
    Jazz: stock, K&N panel filter.
    120 Series Prado GXL Petrol: Pacemaker extractors, Dual 2 1/4" exhaust, 70 series MT STZ's, ARB non-winch bullbar, snorkel, Dimpled and slotted rotors.

Member Array
    Car:
    06EuroLux6M
    The diifference is

06 Accord VTi 2.4.....218 Nm @4000 rpm
    06 Accord Euro 2.4...223 Nm @4500rpm
    133.4kw atw
    14.8 - 400m Willowbank

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    The Accord 2.4L's engine has milder lowcams than the Euro and also smaller ports, narrower intake plenum and its highcam intake lobe much milder as well.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Thanks for pointing that out. So obviously that Accord is not meant to have been 'tuned' with as much higher end power by secondary design.

To me anyway, having driven a few Hondas to see the differences, the 2.4L Accord had more low end torque available than the 2.4L Euro Accord. Granted its not much.

BTW, I've always waited forever for Honda to release a performance coupe to outperform the M3s and AMGs and Audi S's. Now Lexus/Toyota has seen the dark side before Honda has.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntzu View Post
    Fark I wish theyd get on the the mild flash. Im super keen and my orders been in for a long time.
    Didn't they tell you when this would be ready when you ordered?