I installed the mfactory shortshifter into my da9 integra a few months ago.
It was relatively straight forward to install, although as I recieved it second hand (un-used), It didn't have instructions (I'm not sure if it does come with instructions new). I found a diy for a b&m shortshifter and followed that (sorry I can't remember where from or who to credit the diy to).
My initial thoughts were that it is good however took a little getting used to.
It almost completely retains the stock gear knob position, due to it's dual bend design, a little lower and slightly further forward in the even gears and reverse due to the shorter throw.
It has a more 'gated' feel between gears, or a less 'glidey' throw as my gf puts it.
Yesterday I added the mfactory gear knob, which is an improvement over the stock knob due to its extra weight, it reduces the effort required and adds smoothness to each shift (plus rice yo).

A negatvie aspect of the shifter is I couldn't fit the heatshied above the exhaust (I'm not sure if other cars will suffer from this, or if it is solely and issue with the da9 and the exhaust running directly underneath the shifter). I probably could of fitted the shield if I had cut a hole in it or bent it suitably, but lost patience with it after three attempts to do so still had it hitting the shifter selecting reverse. Whether or not this will haunt me down the track is yet to be seen, but so far there has been no issues.

I'm not sure if there has or will be extra wear on the boxxes syncros, but I dare say if there is, it's due mainly to shifting quicker and more violently, (I've chirped third for the first time in the cars life).

All in all, I have no comparison point with this box other than the stock shifter, but for me it was a worthwhile modification that I have enjoyed and would do again.