Member Array
    Car:
    CL9

spoon obd1 VAFC II problems

hey guys,
    need a bit of help.

i have hooked up my VAFCII to my b18c+spoon obd1 ecu and it just wont work. all wires are correct and done properly.

when i start the car with it hooked up, the vafc doesnt turn on and my car dies after a couple of seconds (just conks out) and the engine light comes on. but the sencond i disconect the unit itself (just the physical VAFCII device) and not the wires, the car idles fine and stays on?

i know there may be a few things wrong bbut any help or suggestions would be appreciated. cheers
    HCCM#23

02 DC5 ITR

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    anyone?????? what? cant anyone answer me?
    HCCM#23

02 DC5 ITR

Member Array
    Car:
    96" VTIR Civic
    I thought the car would die when the vafc is disconected because without it wires are broken

If that is the case then all i can think is maybe the wires that should be cut aren't. So when the vafc is unplugged all you have is 2 wires tapping into 2 wires in your cars harness that should be cut.

Because they are not cut the car runs without the vafc but plug in the vafc and it confuses the ecu
    Last edited by ek4-guy; 12-12-2007 at 10:07 PM.

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by DA9B18C View Post
    hey guys,
    need a bit of help.

i have hooked up my VAFCII to my b18c+spoon obd1 ecu and it just wont work. all wires are correct and done properly.

when i start the car with it hooked up, the vafc doesnt turn on and my car dies after a couple of seconds (just conks out) and the engine light comes on. but the sencond i disconect the unit itself (just the physical VAFCII device) and not the wires, the car idles fine and stays on?

i know there may be a few things wrong bbut any help or suggestions would be appreciated. cheers
    Though you say it's wired correctly, it does sounds like a wiring issue.
    The car shouldn't run with the unit unplugged as the MAP sensor output goes via the unit.
    Double check your power & earth wires + Map sensor.
    Also check you're reading the pin-outs the right way round.
    (That will also result in similar problems)
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    ok, will try today, anymore feedback is welcome, thanks
    HCCM#23

02 DC5 ITR