Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2007 Civic Type R
    my civic is silver and its chipping away at the door. i have not banged the door against anything. unless it was done before i picked up the car.

I received a touch up pencil in the glove box as well and mine's milano red. On the day I picked up the car I remember my dad enquiring about touch up paint and the dealer adamantly refused to include a bottle..and then when we got home we miraculously discovered a bottle hidden inside the glovebox Guess the dealers don't realize they come with a small bottle of touch up paint out of the factory as standard For those that didn't receive it..could your car have been a demo or display car and someone sneaked in and pinched it out of the glovebox?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Red H
    Quote Originally Posted by Reothe View Post
    I received a touch up pencil in the glove box as well and mine's milano red. On the day I picked up the car I remember my dad enquiring about touch up paint and the dealer adamantly refused to include a bottle..and then when we got home we miraculously discovered a bottle hidden inside the glovebox Guess the dealers don't realize they come with a small bottle of touch up paint out of the factory as standard For those that didn't receive it..could your car have been a demo or display car and someone sneaked in and pinched it out of the glovebox?
    No mine wasn't on display or a demo. I had specifically requested a brand new one off the boat hence waited 3 weeks.

Are you in Sydney? If so which dealer did you get yours from?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Red H
    Quote Originally Posted by fasthonda View Post
    It's very similiar to a nail brush from a small bottle that women may use to paint or polish their nails.So,strictly speaking it's not really a pencil but that's how they named it on the package.
    Thanks for this info. If it weren't for you guys I wouldn't have known it came standard. I'm going to ring my dealer now. Thanks for the photo too, it provides good leverage if they refuse.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Red H
    The dealer just rang back, he said it doesn't come standard as it varies from dealer to dealer. Luckily he remembered me so he's gonna order one for me for free. Phew...

Member Array
    Car:
    Fn2 type r
    Quote Originally Posted by FN2TypeR View Post
    The dealer just rang back, he said it doesn't come standard as it varies from dealer to dealer. Luckily he remembered me so he's gonna order one for me for free. Phew...
    I think its your dealer's problem. The paint should come with the car. My 3 honds all have them, crv, mdx and ctr
    Triangular exhaust

I got mine from John Blair in Melbourne and not only did the dealer not know about the touch up paint he refused to give us one when we went and picked the car up. Anyway, luckily we managed to find one tucked away in the glove box. I'm pretty sure it should come standard out of the factory since our previous honda had it as well. Your dealer's definitely being dodgy if it's missing :P But yeah.. they all try to deny your car comes with anything apart from a metal shell and a steering wheel

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Black FN2R & Prelude VTiR
    Just adding my 2 cents to the 3rd gear debate. I just had my 1,000km service done and so far (since driving from new) I haven't noticed any issues with 3rd gear, either slotting it in or it popping out.

hmmmm ive done about 11000 kilometres in my civic and never notice a gearbox or paint chip problem,

User error maybe?

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    lol the CTR is the only car that comes with touch up paint standard in the glove box!

If they dont give it to you then id fire up!
    everyone ive sold and seen has it!
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury
    honda paint is not thick at all, hence the touch up paint, one of my mates has the civic type R and he has stone chips left front centre on his bumper and bonnet...god damn...
    Honda the power of wet dreams

Member Array
    Car:
    Lawn mower
    bad UK build quality?