Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jazz Making Strange Noise at High Speed

Hi guys, I need help and advice on this one.
    My 07 Jazz is making a funny screeching noise when I travel at high speed (somewhere between 110km/h and 130km/h). The noise appears to be coming from the tyres on the driver's side.

The car mileage is around 6000km.

Anyone has any idea what is wrong?
    Thanks in advance.

It could possibly be your brake pad indicators. You might be due for a change of pads. I had this problem and on the highway at high speeds it was very noticeable.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    where abouts do you drive to go 110-130km/h? highly doubt it would be brake pad indicators.
    Why hello there

Member Array
    Car:
    EG2, GD1, CL9
    wth a car that new and only 6000kms, i dont think brake pads would be a concern.

check if there are any stones that got stuck on ur tyres. check tyre pressure, or even any signs of uneven wear.

Member Array
    Car:
    eg5 si
    i think if the pads are gone and its hitting the sensors then it should be making the sound regardless of speed?

check if your tyre has a nail? =D

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    doubt it'll be anything related with an embedded nail or stone as it would be quite obvious below speeds of 110-130, my advice drive below 100 and the brake indicators won't squeal unless brakes are applied or bring it back to the dealer since it's only 6k old it's still under NEW care warranty, should try there first off
    Why hello there

Member Array
    Car:
    eg5 si
    are u sure shadou? cause my brakes started squeeling even without applying brakes ..

at first it doesnt.. then as it got worse the sensors got lower and yea started squeeling even without breaks..so i just got my pads replaced and its all fine now ~~

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    well as he stated his car has only done 6000km, worst case I've seen was pad backing to discs on a jazz at 12,xxxkm. For him to have worn the pads out within one year and only 6000km I would seriously question his ability to drive a road car.
    Why hello there

Member Array
    Car:
    eg5 si
    ahaha very tureee~~

oh well hope u get it figured out soon =)

Thanks for all the advice.
    I just find it strange that the screeching sound only comes on between 110-130. When I go to manual mode, I only get the screeching sound at 130. It's not much of a concern because it's not legal to drive at 130. Checked the tyres and found it good, no stones, good pressure etc...

Anyway it's due for 2nd servicing now, will check with Honda and I will post what they say here soon.

Cheers everyone and happy holidays.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz VTi-S
    On the topic of strange noises, my car makes a really really soft whistleing sound when I start it up. Is that normal? I never noticed it until recently. I think it comes from the rear end of the car somewhere. I can only hear it when I'm standing outside the car....
    '07 JAZZ VTI-S NIGHTHAWK BLACK

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EP3
    nath you sure its not the sound of the intake?
    cos i get that now after you install the TODA intake